Chapter 3

Clove

Chapter 3- 'He wrapped his coat around me and held my free hand'

"Would you please give these to Isabelle?", asked Jake whilst trying to untangle 8 year old Lia from the climbing net.

"Yeah sure!", I replied whilst picking up the pieces or paper, "What are they anyway?"

"As you know, our District 2 mentor is Isabelle. Cane got his earlier", answered Jake still untangling Lia. "It's basically a little information pack about what will happen".

"Oh right", a frown crept upon my face, "Need any help before I go?".

"Oh, no thanks Clove. See you tomorrow?". I nodded and headed back to Cato.

"You ready to leave Cato?", I saw that he was struggling to carry everything, "Here, let me help you". Cato handed me a bag and we headed outside. Wow! It sure was a chilly evening.

"You cold?", I nodded, "Wear my coat."

"It's okay Cato we are almost there", I said even though I was dying to wear his coat like you see in the movies.

"Your shivering! Come here", Cato gestured for me to come closer. As I did, he wrapped his coat around me and held my free hand. Everything was perfect. "You still want to go for ice cream or shall we go back to mine?"

"Anywhere to get into the warmth!", I joked and Cato led me back to his house. Cato's house was beautiful with its white washed walls and big old wooden door. He released my hand and unlocked the door.

"Mum? Dad? I'm home!", called Cato. There was no reply, "Must be still at work. Come on in Clove". The hallway was decorated beautifully with photos of Cato, Jay(his older brother) and the baby twins: Primrose and Ryan. As we walked on, a wooden stair case emerged that led up to the first floor. He led me into a large airy living room with an open fire, cream carpet and walls, a smallish television and two cream sofas on which one of them was occupied by a small dog with a collar that said Oscar.

"Please, take a seat. I shall be back in a minute", and with that he left and fled into the next room.