Chapter 5

Clove

Chapter 5-

Where is he? Maybe I should just go... "Hey! I'm back sorry that took so long", said Cato, which startled me. "Oh no it's fine", I reply, I don't want to have a bad relationship with him.

"I no the games arnt for ages a few weeks but, it's probably best to think up some tactics", said Cato, "Like how are we going to gain sponsors"

"We could do like a 'star crossed lovers' act to make people feel sorry for us that we have to fight against one another"

"That's a really great idea Clove! So how are we going to convince them?"

" Just be like: I would rather died than not be with you"

"But every one knows that only one makes it out alive Clove"

Then, silence. Only one of us does make it out. What if it's just us two?

"Clove?"

"Hmm?"

"It's getting late, do you want me to walk you home?"

"Uh... Yeah okay!", I smile.

We head for the door and, once again, he wraps his coat around me and takes my hand. "Wow! Your hands are like ice!"

"Ha ha I know!", Cato lead me outside and a gush of wind hit me making my hair fly everywhere, "Oh god, I must look a right mess!"

"No you don't. You will always be beautiful to me", did he really just say that?

"I..uh..I..um...t..thanks", I stammer, my heart racing as Cato brushes my hair out of my face. Everything goes silent, as if we are the only two people left on earth. He leans in, hand in hand. As our lips meet, the world melts like chocolate. It was so sweet, so gentle and tender. Once we break apart, we just gaze into each other's eyes holding onto this moment. My first kiss.

***********************************************************************************************************

Cato

Her lips were so sweet, so soft. It seems like our kiss lasted hours but, actually only lasted a few minutes. It was short but memorable.

"Oooo loovvvveeee birds!", shouts my older brother Jay breaking Clove and myself apart.

"Shut up Jay! Just because no girl loves you"

"Very funny Cato! I have the whole district running after me and who is this?", he points to Clove.

"I'm Clove and... I was just leaving. Bye Cato see you tomorrow", and then she left.

"Clove! Before you go!", Jay shouts after her and she turns round, "If you ever get board of Cato, give me a call alright?".

"Bye Jay!", Clove shouts back.

"Stop messing with her Jay! She is under enough pressure!".

"Isn't she the one who you said has a terrible aim and wouldn't survive the first night in the arena? And now your like ooo Clovely come back!", Jay teases.

"I am aloud to change opinions you know. She is actually very talented with knives and aiming", I said. I'm not very good with comebacks. Moments later, my mother, father and the twins arrive back.

"Ah Cato! Congratulations on being tribute! We are so proud of you!", Squeals my mother with delight whilst pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Mum! Your ruining my hair!". That took me an hour to do!

"Where my man?", says my father whilst patting me on the back, " So, who the girl?"

"Clove", yells Jay, " And Cato loves her!"

"Wow! She has amazing aim too bad only one make it back", said father. Yes, only one does make it back and that will be Clove