Chapter 7

Cato

"So, how was training Cato?. Cato", said my mother awakening me from my daydream.

"Oh, fine thanks"

"Cato kissed Clove mum!", interrupts Jay. I give him a Death Stare, "Wow Cato how is looking me supposed to hurt me?"

"Jay! Don't embarrass him!", said mother whilst cooking dinner.

"I'm gonna go upstairs", and then I left the room. I really want to talk to Clove but I don't have a device called a phone; we learned about them in school today; they are used for speaking to one another. I wish I had one. I could always just walk over to hers? Or would I come across as annoying? It's probably best to wait and see her tomorrow. I put my bag down next to my bed and take a shower before dinner. The warm water was trickling down my back so softly and slowly. I pick up some body wash and rub it onto my skin. I can't stop thinking about the games and Clove! I need to make sure that Clove gets out of the games, not me. I cant bare living without her.

"Cato! Your dinner getting cold", shouts father.

"Yeah I'm coming one minute!", I shout back whilst slipping on some clothes.

After dinner, I go back upstairs and do homework and go to bed. I fall asleep dreaming of Clove: we were in the games and we were in the bottom three.

"Please Cato! Go home I will never forget you!", cries Clove

"No, I'm not leaving you, that's not an option", I am no way leavings her. Clove pulls out a knife, "Just get it over with!". Suddenly, a tall muscular guy jump out from behind and stabs Clove.

"Clove!", I scream. I pull out a spear and throw it into the mans heart, "Clove! Come on stay with me", I am now crying, "Don't leave me!". Her eyes are still open when she says, "Cato, you deserve this so much. Please, just go home. I... I love yo-". Two cannons go off.

"No!", I scream.

I wake up sweating and tears down my face. It was just a dream, it was just a dream. Clove is safe and I will never let anything ever happen to her. I check my clock: 7.38am. Time to get up! I slip on my training outfit and jog downstairs, grabs some toast and head out the door for training to find Clove. Tears streaming down her face