Chapter 30

***flash back***

"Don't go out to far!", my mother yells as my brother and I run off into the woods. He is suppose to be teaching me to hunt. Instead, he brings me to a meadow. Not far from where Clove lives. Although, I didn't know that at the time.

"This isn't the woods!", I exclaim. Little did I know what was about to happen...

A girl, about 7 skips through the meadow collecting flowers along her way. She doesn't spot me but, I can see her. I have seen her before at school, we hardly ever talk. Girls have cooties...but she seemed different.

"That's Clove. Clove Kentwell;pretty, isn't she?", my brother says. I nod my head, still looking at her.

"You stay there, I'm going to play over there", he points to a group of boys over in the far left,"Be safe Cato". I take this chance to introduce myself to the so-called Clove. She is still picking flowers;placing them neatly in a basket after.

"They're nice", I say. She jumps at my voice and steps back slightly until she calms and smiles, "Thank you. I'm picking them for my mother".

"Could I help? I'm Cato, by the way".

"Nice to meet you Cato! I'm Clovers Well". At the time, I obviously did not hear her correctly. I mean, Clovers Well?

"Clovers Well?".

"No silly! Clove. Kentwell", she giggles.

"Sorry. Want to be friends?", I offer.

"Sure!". We spent the rest of the day gathering flowers until the sun began to set. I learnt things about Clove. Mainly hobbies and interests.

"I should get back to my brother. It was nice meeting you!", I say. I was extremely sad at the thought of leaving her.

"Please don't leave me! Your my only friend I have. I really like you", she begs.

"I want to stay but I can't! I promise I will come back some day".

"Promise?".

"Promise", I laugh before gently kissing her on the cheek.

***end of flash back***

"Cato! Cato!", yells Marvel.

"What do you want now?", I moan.

"Look", he points upwards, "Some idiot want to be killed". A puff of smoke appears in the sky; a sly grin creeps across our faces.

"Get district 3 boy to guard", Marvel orders to Clove. She grunts and jogs away before returning with weapons.

Bang! Another cannon goes off, marking the death of another tribute. Bang, bang, bang, bang! Four cannons? No, this can't be right! There is not a feast or something, that would be announced and as far as we are aware, we are the biggest(and strongest) alliance.

"Our supplies!", yells Marvel. Oh gosh, I completely forgot about them! And the bombs...