Chapter 11

Cato

Today is the reaping. The most feared day of all year! This may be the last time I ever see District 2, my family and Clove. My love and my life. I get and and wash myself so that I smell good for Clove. And the Capitol of course! My mother has laid out a freshly ironed shirt and jeans. I put them on and then use up the rest of my time sorting out my hair. Once I'm sorted out, I go down stairs for breakfast. Mother and father and in there panicking mode as they may never see me again. Jay is still asleep and does not have to attend the reaping as he won the games a few years ago. Primrose and Ryan can sense something isn't right and are also being difficult. I have a matter of minuets before I need to get going. I grab some toast and eat it, hug my family and leave the door.

Clove

I wake up worried about who our tribute will be. I had a dream last night that me and Cato were the final too...

I can't afford to think like that. I take a shower and concentrate on what I will do for the rest of the day but I can't! I may never see Cato again; I want to cry but I won't and I can't. I'm a fear to others now, they can't ever see me cry! I pick out a dress from my wardrobe: the light blue one I got for my birthday and the white ballet shoes. My mother and Isabelle come in to do my hair and apply a small amount of make up. My hair is now curled and I am ready. Downstairs, Kayla is stressing about the reaping. Kayla looks beautiful in her place blue dress and her hair curled like mine.

"You two do look beautiful!", says mother holding onto fathers hand for support, "We will see you both later! Take care of her Clove". Kayla and I walk outside to find Cato looking really hot. I take a deep breath and hug me.

"What is going to happen?", sakes Kayla. It is her first year. I explain the process as we are walking, she looks shaken up, as if someone has drained all the life out of her. We are here, it is time. Kayla begins to cry, "It's going to be okay! Your names only in there once Kayla, there not gonna pick you. It's time to sign in now okay? Your going to Que up and the lady will prick your finger, it won't hurt much. Then go and stand with the little ones and I will meet you back here". Now it's time for the hardest part of all, goodbye.

"Cato-", He cuts me off with a kiss and I don't reject it, this may be the last time I will be held in his strong arms, "I love you Cato whatever happens. Never forget that". He nods. I reach into my pocket and pull out the ring I brought him. I hold this hand and slip it on.

"Forever?", Cato asks. 'Forever' is engraved on the ring.

"No matter what, Clato is forever", I reply

"Forever and always