Chapter 27

Clove

5...

Must kill barbie bitch

4...

Must kill Katniss

3...

I can do this

2...

I see knives

1...

My whole life depends on this.

And I'm ready!

I sprint as fast a humanly possible towards the Cornucopia. I punch and kick my way to the knives. I grab a fairly blunt one and stab the 3 people near me and laugh. It's clear so I rummage through bags always keeping a look out.

"I'll keep look out", says a voice. Cato. I hear him grunt behind me as he takes the lives away from children. I grab a few good bags and sharp knives and tell Cato I'm gonna kill Katniss. I see a boy running after her, she stumbles and I take my chance. My knives slices it's way through the boys back and he drops. I continue running, taking my knife back and aim at Katniss. I'm the girl with the knives, I never miss, and she's my next target...

Damn! She held up that stupid bag and run! I will find her and I will kill her...

I don't follow her, I need to get more weapons. Cato is still killing, Marvel is helping and Glimmer is trying her hardest. Poor Glimmer. Oh well.

We need to find water, we need it now. Once it's only us four left at the Cornucopia, we gather what's left and look through. Lots of blankets and plasters. A few bottles of water. Lots of weapons have been left so I gather what I can before saying, "We need to go, they won't collect the bodies until we are gone". Glimmer grunts and continues to twist her hair around her finger.

"Clove's right. Also we need hunting partners", says Cato

"I want Cato!", says Glimmer.

"I want Clove!", adds Marvel, "She is hot". Glimmer coughs and Marvel shrugs.

"Actually, Clove and I are together. Now, let's go!", orders Cato. Whilst I pick up my bags, Marvel and Glimmer walk head, Cato hangs back.

"You okay?", he asks.

"I'm fighting to the death Cato! How are we gonna to kill those two?", I point to Marvel and Glimmer.

"When they least expect it obviously". He slips his hands into mine and we leave.

We must of been walking for about 30 minutes when we hear a crackle in the woods. Too loud for an animal. Peeta.

"Hello there! Want to come and play?", I say sarcastically when he appears.

"No, no I- I want to join you, I can help you find Katniss", he stutters. I look and Cato and he nods, "Okay, if you mess up, Cato snaps your leg".

"Y-yes", he says, we begin to break into a jog and Peeta follows slowly.

"Hurry up bread boy!", demands Marvel.

Bang, bang! Goes the cannon. Each bang represents a dead tribute. 11 dead already. Which ones, I do not know. We walk for another few hours, killing few rabbits on our way when the anthem plays in the night sky. The 11 faces if the fallen tributes appear. One career dead? Unusual. It's the girl from 3.

I hear cracks and smell smoke.

"Fire", I say, "Someone has lit a fire!". Stupid person, might as well hold up a sign saying 'Kill me now!'. We follow the smoke and come across a girl, only about 15, warming her hands. We make a circle around her. Cato coughs gently and takes a step, making a crunch on the ground. She freezes and slowly turns her head. That when a knife slices her throat. She screams and gasps before dropping.