Chapter 9

Cato

"Clove, you okay?", she looks as if something is wrong. She turns round to me.

"Yes, I am fine. Great work today May", Clove replies, "You want to get some ice cream?".

"Yeah sure!", I smile, "I will just pack up my stuff". Something is bothering Clove and I will find out. A few minutes later, she walks over to me, bag over she shoulder. She clasps my hand in her and smiles. We then leave the training centre heading towards the ice cream cafe.

"What flavour do you want?", I ask. I want to pay for hers as that is what boyfriends do. Wait, am I her boyfriend?

"No, it's fine I brought money", she replies. Clove isn't gonna give up easily! After a bit of arguing, she finally agrees to let me pay. We get a table by the window over looking the town centre. I really want to be more than just friends! But with the games in the way I don't no what to do!

"Clove I-", I don't know what to say! I just look into her eyes, "Do you want to go for a walk?". Man, I'm treating her like a dog now!

"Yes okay!". At least she agreed. We get up, put on our coats and walk out.

"Are you alright Cato?, Clove asks, "You seem like something's bothering you. You can talk to me about it". This is my chance.

"Clove, we are good friends right?, I begin and she nods, "I was wondering, if possibly we could be more than just that?. I feel my face burning. What is she says no?

"But the games-", I don't let her finish.

"I will win this and I will come home", I interrupt.

"But what if-", I kiss her instead of letting her finish. The kiss doesn't last long. When we break away, she gazes into my eyes and say, "I would rather be dead than not be with you".

Clove

We hold the gaze for longer, not wanting this perfect moment to end but it will have to. Sometime but, not right now. Cato leans again and our lips touch gently. I kiss back; we have just under 3 weeks guaranteed together. Who knows what will happen in the games. I block out any worries. We come up for air, and I smile. I am Cato's and Cato is mine. We continue walking until we reach a Willow tree. We sit down underneath it holding hands, my head nuzzled into his shoulder. It is still light so we have an hour or so before the sun starts setting. I close my eyes and breath in Cato's soothing body spray. It reminds me of when we used to play in the forest and woods as children. When I open my eyes, Cato puts a few fingers under my chin to lift my head up. We kiss again, this time with more harder with his hands around my waist pulling me in and my hands around his shoulder. After, what seems like forever, we break apart and I sit closer so that I put my legs on his and all most on his his lap. He pulls me onto his lap and we kiss again, enjoying every moment of this. I feel safe in Cato's and nothing will change that. I feel something trickle on my head. Water. It's raining but we continue anyway never letting go of one another. The rain is cold as it runs down my back. Cato just hugs me even tighter obviously not wanted this to end.

"I love you Clove, no matter what happens, I always have and always will love you", Cato whispers in my ear sending chills all over me. Cato loves me.

"I love you to Cato", I reply, "As much as I hate to say this, we need to get going, it's getting dark". He nods and we lift up our bags. My back is turned to him so I can't see him. I need to get my head strai-

Something swoops me up. I scream with my girly voice.

"Cato!", I shout. I playfully punch him then, I wrap my legs around his waist and we kiss again. He is so strong, so tall. We will be together one way or another