a very safe place

Check out my story Hurricane; another Negan fanfic ;)

The cold air hit your face like a slap with every gust of wind.

A hard body paced in front of you. The outline of his back was clear from the bright headlights. In front of your people, he walked, all lined in a row ahead of him. Negan sent a chill down your spine, every time he spoke. You regrettably grit your teeth in response, because it was an unwanted feeling of vulnerability. He suddenly spun on his heel, coming face to face with you.

Two of his men grasped each arm. He motioned for them to let loose, but stared into your eyes to make it known that there would be hell to pay, if you move a muscle. His mouth twitched into a smirk as he visibly watched your body cower from him being so close.

"Leave her alone!" Carl cried and you clenched your teeth together, knowing his outburst would have consequences.

Negan stole a glance over his shoulder at the boy and then faced you again with a smirk that you hated more than anything. It was the things that smirk did to your body that made you hate it.

"Please..." you whispered so only he could hear, "I'll do whatever you want, anything, if you let them go." You bargained, pleading with him to just let your people live.

"Anything?" His eyes darkened and it made your thighs involuntarily clench together but you resisted, barely.

The thought of going with this man made you sick to your stomach, but knowing it would be worth it to save your people; reluctantly, your head bobbed up and down.

Negan turned back to face Rick, his eyes cold and daring.

He suddenly announced in a booming voice, "This girl is now mine. Until you get me the supplies I want I'm taking her with me."

Rick finally decided to speak up.

"Where do we find these supplies?" He asked in a hoarse, tired voice, his eyes flicking to yours for a fleeting moment. The fear in them almost camouflaged the reassurance, but you saw it.

Negan smiled his signature grin and shrugged his leather-clad shoulders, holding Lucille at an angle that went behind the back of his neck.

"Figure it out if you ever want to see her again." Negan turned and pushed you into the RV with a quick jab of Lucille in your side, causing an erupting hiss in pain.

He climbed up to the front and got behind the wheel. The only thing that looked remotely comfortable was the booth in the middle, so you sat.

It was a few long minutes before he spoke again.

"So you'll do anything, huh?"

You inwardly groaned and tried to swallow the feeling of bile rising in your throat at the thought of him forcing himself on you.

"That's what I stipulated wasn't it?" You said, your voice devoid of emotion, refusing to show this bastard any weakness.

He chuckled in response and glanced back at you.

"Wow, I guess little miss know-it-all here likes to use big words." He seemed to laugh at his own joke; you didn't find it funny. He had killed two of the best people in your group in the past so your guard was up at all times.

It suddenly dawned, that Daryl was at the compound where you were headed and for the first time in the last half hour, hope bubbled up in your chest.

"Well since you're not a real Chatty Cathy, I think you should come sit up here so I can keep an eye on you." Negan's voice interrupted your thoughts.

You didn't move and instead pursed your lips and stayed seated, not wanting to get anywhere near him. Negan looked at you in the rear view mirror and a grin broke his harsh exterior.

"Well, you're just full of surprises now aren't you?" He seemed to think for a minute. Before another word was said, he stopped the RV and made his way toward you, sitting on the other side of the booth.

"What's your name sugar?" He said and you cringed at his pet name. He seemed to notice and that made his grin come back.

"What, you don't like sugar? What about..." he paused to consider his options, "puss? Uh, princess?"

You scowled even harder at the last one.

"Ah, princess it is then." His grin turned to a frown when you still didn't say anything. He leaned closer to you from over the table and suddenly grabbed your chin between his thumb and index finger. He locked his eyes on yours and seemed to be searching them for something.

"Care to finally tell me your fucking name? I've been trying to be real nice here but you're testing my patience, princess." He spoke softly but in a tone low enough it sent a ripple of fear through you.

"Eat. Shit."

He seemed surprised you kept your voice even and didn't break his gaze. It's funny what hatred can do to your confidence.

He considered his words carefully before he spoke again. His eyes bore into your own and he took a deep breath, seeming to swallow whatever fuming thoughts he was having.

"Well then princess, I think it's time you met the family." Negan smiled devilishly and went up to start the RV again. You took note that he didn't use your, carefully executed name and purposefully tried to aggravate you with his choice of endearment.

God, you wished this was a dream.

"It's not a dream, darlin'. I'm actually enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would." Negan's grin didn't falter as he glanced back at you. It occurred to you that you must have spoken your thoughts aloud and you mentally cursed yourself for not being more careful.

"I want to wake up from this nightmare then." You replied, looking out the window and not expecting a response.

"Honey, I am your worst nightmare."

You gulped and he met your eyes in the mirror, sending a thrill down to your core. You looked away, furiously blushing and you thought you heard him chuckle. The sound a soothing vibration, compared to what you had previously thought it might sound like.

You lean back in the seat and focus on completely shutting Negan out and imagining you were anywhere but here.

If you survive this, you can survive anything.