mushy gushy

Two holes in a plastic cover taped to the window. It was cloudy and little light came through, but just enough that it caused a distraction from the carnage scattered everywhere. The house was abandoned and it seemed like many walkers had roamed through it with the grotesque smell wafting through the air.

"First floor is clear!" Dwight's voice fell on deaf ears, as no one responded or gave mind to his words. No, everyone's attention was focused on one thing at that moment.

"You're telling me that she just walked out of there?" Negan interrogated one of his men. Negan hadn't seen you since he left your room that day. He decided to clear his head by going on a run and not even a day later, someone came to find him immediately to inform him, you had run off.

You had not run off. You were taken. By Simon and a few other men. You were taken as a deal.

There was something happening in the compound that no one talked about. You never had told Negan about being pulled into the empty room and Negan had been too focused on you to see what was going on right before his eyes. 

Negan knew you hadn't run off. He knew there was no way after all the moments you had shared together, that you wouldn't just leave...right? 

Some people liked to believe that Negan had no idea what was going on in his compound. When in reality, he already knew exactly where you were and what was happening. 

He's the one that set up the deal in the first place. 

You were back at home. Simon and his men took you out in the middle of the night and made a deal with Rick that if they would simply comply to working for Negan and not start anything, they could have you back. 

So there you sat, in your room on your bed looking out the window. Feeling lost and lonely. You couldn't figure out why. You were back home. You should be happy. 

So what was wrong? 

Suddenly the thought hit you. 

You missed Negan.

Something else too.

This wasn't your home anymore. 

Negan sat in his office, waiting. 

His heart was beating fast and he was on edge about this little test he put you through. Little did you know, he had made a deal with Ellie that you didn't know about. 

Ellie wanted Negan to commit to you and only you. She told him as much, and Negan disagreed with her saying his reputation would be left in the dust if he cast all his wives away. So Ellie gave him a proposition. He would have you taken out of the compound and back to your original family and if you felt like you wanted to stay, he would have his answer about how you really felt about him. 

Negan asked her what the catch was. 

Ellie told him, if you come back, he has to tell you how he really feels. 

Two little knocks on the door. 

Negan was out of his seat faster than lightning touching the ground. He swung open the door and his eyes lit up like the night sky when he saw the one thing he had been wanting since he left your room. 

You.

"Hi," he said, quietly but loud enough that those two little letters were like a whole story to you. 

"Hi," you said back, knowing that this was a pivotal moment for you both and you had to embrace it as much as you could. 

"Negan, I-"

"There's someth-" 

You both began at the same time and shared a nervous laugh. Negan opened the door for you to come in and you did.

You sat on the couch and he sat close to you, taking your hand. 

"Look, I'm not good at this. I don't even really know how to say this to you." Negan took a deep breath and it knocked the air from your lungs in realization. Is he trying to say what you think he's trying to say?

"Negan..." You breathed out and he looked into your eyes. Something was hidden there that you hadn't seen before and finally you recognized what it was: love. 

"I love you. I didn't want to acknowledge it but sending you away was the worst feeling I've ever had," Negan sucked in a breath after saying that and seeing your expression.

"Let me explain before you lash out," he said quickly, "it was Ellie's idea. She wanted me to admit my feelings for you, and I did. I finally did and I can't believe I'm even saying this right now." He laughed and a smile shone on your face. 

"I love you too Negan." 

Then he kissed you. He kissed you like you were his last breath on this earth. He kissed you like a setting sun and melted chocolate all in one. He kissed out every flaw that has ever struck your body and then some. You never wanted it to end. 

When you both finally parted you looked in his eyes and knew the next thing you wanted to ask him immediately. 

"Get rid of your wives," he sucked in a breath, "and you can finally have me." 

His face was all hard edges and lines again, making the magical moment fall into a dark abyss. 

"No." 

You looked at him horrified and stood up quickly, taking steps away from him. 

He looked away from you.

"I just can't." 

So what is up guys? How crazy was that rollercoaster haha

Well he finally told her and then he fucked it all up. 

Shit is about to get reallllll messy. 

So hang on and enjoy the ride ;)