a new dawn

It's time. 

You hit the punching bag with a conviction that almost scared you. It had been a long week. The wives threw a fit about being cast out and Kale being back had uprooted a lot of the ideas that had been the cause of why Negan had a feud with Rick. 

You had been training more. You felt weak and hated that somehow someone was always knocking you out. You needed to train your instincts better so people would stop getting the upper hand on you. You were afraid one day, it would get you killed. 

You hit the punching bag twice, back and forth. You turned and kicked it with the front of your leg, watching as the bag moved from its spot a little. You were getting stronger. 

"Hot damn, if I knew this is what I'd be seeing everyday, I would have come back a lot sooner." The voice of the devil sounded throughout the room and you closed your eyes, hoping he would just vanish. Kale has been a major pain in your ass ever since he met you in Negan's room. He's been following you around and paying more attention to you than his pregnant wife, Ellie. Since then, Ellie has been avoiding you. 

You reluctantly turned to look at Kale once you realized he wasn't going to leave. 

"What do you want Kale?" You sighed with exasperation, dreading whatever annoying words were about to come out of his mouth. 

"You already know what I want sweet cheeks," he took a step toward you, into the room. The wide open space of the training area suddenly seemed smaller and less able for you to escape with him walking toward you. 

"Kale..." You started but he was suddenly close to you and you took a step back. "You have Ellie, why on god's earth would you want anything to do with me?" 

His eyes glinted and a side smirk appeared on his lips. 

"Because I want things I can't have. And you sweetheart, are the definition of that if you're Negan's." Your mouth dropped open in shock at his words and you began to remove your training gloves so you could get the hell out of this room. 

You sidestepped him and began to walk toward the door, but he was quicker and blocked the exit with his body, wearing that stupid smirk again. You couldn't help the eyeroll that overcame you and a large sigh left your body, making his eyes drop lower to parts you'd rather be kept from his line of sight. 

"Kale get the fuck out of my way before I make you," you said, preparing yourself, keeping your frame locked in case you would need to forcefully remove him in a few moments. 

He laughed at the thought and dropped his arms to his sides, stepping out of the way and gesturing for you to walk out the exit, "By all means darling," he said, making your unease grow. 

You began to leave once more and he grabbed your arm and pulled your ear to his lips so he could whisper, "You better keep your doors locked from now on sweetheart. It would be so easy to slip inside. In more ways than one." 

You shoved him away from you, a look of disgust adorning your face. 

"Negan has a no tolerance policy for rape. He'd have you killed. Especially if it was me." You spoke, hoping that you believed your words yourself. Praying that whatever threats he gave were just to rile you up. 

"I'm his brother sweetheart. I think this time he'd make an exception." A devilish grin spread across his face and you finally left without another word.