spaces

Oh spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach you
Even though I try

"What makes you think I would let you go on a run?" Negan's glare stared you in the face, as he made it clear what he thought of this idea. 

You should have expected this but somehow, hearing him say it made a pout form on your lips. His eyes narrowed onto them and he took a deep breath. 

"You don't even know how to defend yourself, why would I take you out there? To die? Is that what you want?" Negan countered, trying to find any reason to keep you here. 

"You know I can defend myself. Why is this such a big deal? You let other girls go out, so why can't I?" You said, cocking an eyebrow in challenge, daring him to respond to that. He got closer to you and lowered his face to yours, next to your ear. 

"You aren't like other girls." His breath made you shiver and goosebumps dotted your skin. You stood your ground and when he started to pull away you grabbed his scarf and pulled him down to you. 

"Girls wish they could be like me." You said, feeling like that proved your point and he would let you go now. 

He only pulled back and laughed, shaking his head. You frowned, crossing your arms.

"I'm going to let you have your moment and pretend that made sense." Negan said, turning and swinging Lucille onto his shoulder. 

"Wait! I just need to get out! Please? I haven't tried to escape once, I've done everything you've asked me to." You felt your voice get smaller as you finished and he towered over you once more. 

"Not everything." His voice dropped lower and it made you wish that you had done everything he asked you to. 

"That's not fair." You said, a little above a whisper. He smirked and tilted his head to the side. 

"Why not?" 

"Because I don't want to have to fuck you, to get what I want." You spat, suddenly angry that this was the only reason he wasn't letting you go out on a run. 

He chuckled and began to turn again. 

"Then that's your mistake, princess." He called out and began walking. You felt your shoulders slump in defeat and watched as he walked away. He walked a few more steps and stopped. 

"Be ready in 5 minutes. I don't wait for anyone." Negan called over his shoulder and the grin that shook your face almost knocked you back. 

You excitedly ran back inside to grab your things. 

"How many times do I have to tell you," Negan took the knife from your hand, "hold it like this. If you hold it out like that, you may accidentally stab someone living." Negan looked up at the sky in exasperation and that made you giggle. The men around you weren't too happy you tagged along but if they said anything, they knew Negan would gut them like a fish. 

You all continued walking, keeping an eye on the perimeter, trying to catch any and all movement. 

Something shiny caught your eye in the distance and you stopped to get a better look at it. It looked familiar, like a glass being reflected in the sun. Your eyes widened and you dropped to the ground so fast, you almost stabbed yourself with the stupid knife. 

"Everyone, get down. Sniper!" You whisper-shouted, hoping they would do the same thing you did. No one moved and they all stared down at you in shock and doubt that you had any idea what you were talking about. 

Before anyone could say anything, a sound was heard and one of the men dropped to the ground, dead. 

Everyone finally heeded your warning and dropped, hiding behind trees and thick brush. Negan looked at you with some amount of pride and it made you smile. A bullet whizzed past your head and you breathed a sigh of relief. That is, until you noticed a burning sensation down in your lower leg. You looked down and saw blood trickling out of a burned hole in your calf. 

"Are you fucking kidding me? Again?" You sighed, wincing in pain when you moved it. Negan noticed your struggle and came to help, sticking low to the ground. Men around you were killed faster than you had ever seen in your life. Who the hell was this person? Why were they killing everyone? 

Negan dragged you toward a large rock and you heard him howl in pain as a bullet sank into his left arm. He switched hands and hauled your ass behind the rock as fast as he could. You both were breathing heavy and you felt like this would be the perfect time to make a sex joke, but before you could, something else happened. 

"Is that a fucking herd?" Nean looked over at you and nodded. This day couldn't get any worse. 

Figured it was time to update. This is a filler chapter. Right before I introduce a new character that I made up. You guys will probably hate him, not gonna sugar coat it haha

So you and Negan are both shot and a herd of walkers is coming. 

Whatcha gonna do about it?