Chapter 8

*********************

Deja Pov

I hadn't even realized so much time had gone by, when I got back to school it was lunch time meaning that we were in 5th period, 3 more periods until school is over.

"Ka'Deja Neal report to the front office." A voice said over the intercom.

"Damn." I mumbled, and went to the office. "Yes." I said once I got inside.

"Why are you late getting to school." The assistant principal Mr.Tilford asked.

"What are you talking about, I've been here all day." I lied.

"I just saw you come back onto campus, and we got it on camera."

"Well damn if you got that on camera you should see what time I left too, just shows that this school doesn't actually care about students skipping, I could've been somewhere dead, but y'all wasn't gonna do anything about it."

"Miss Neal I don't want to hear that, just go to ISS and don't bother coming to school for a few days, cause your suspended."

"Aha, a damn lie, watch me go to all my classes and come to school whenever these school doors are open."

"There will be consequences if you show up here when I asked you not to."

"Ok whatever, where Mr. Woods at cause I ain't bout to sit here and argue with you man."

"Just get to class we will talk to you later."

"Aha, that's what I thought." I said turning around to walk out of the office and go to lunch. As soon as I walked into the lunchroom everybody directed their attention towards me and started whispering, but I can't let that lil small shit get to me, so I went into the line and got my food.

"Where you been, girl you missed it Majia got her ass whooped?" Abri said being all loud when I sat down.

"Cool." I said then got up to throw my food away.

"What's wrong?" Jaime walked with me to the trashcan.

"Nothing I'm just not hungry."

"Oh, well walk with me to the gym I want to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Well Deja, I um- I err," He just stood therr scratching his head struggling to get his word out.

"What did you do this time?" I chuckled.

"I didn't do anything, Deja I like you." He whispered the last part.

"Of course you like me, otherwise you wouldn't be walking with me to the gym." I said in a duh tone.

"Not like, like you as a friend, I mean like you as in I'm in love with you."

"Ohh my gosh, Jai, you cute and all but we just friends, thats it nothing else."

"That's why I'm trying to be more than friends."

"I don't know Jai." I shook my head and entered the gym with him by my side.

"C'mon De, please, I can't stand to see you with other boys, when I'm the one that actually wants to love you, they only want one thing."

"I know what they want, and you will want it too eventually your no different, if you wanna fuck then let's go."

"Now you know I'm not like that, how long have we known each other?"

"A pretty long time."

"And have I ever tried anything with you?"

"No, but by being so nice, I can see right through you, I know what you want, and I will be willing to give it to you if you just ask."

"Really Deja, do you not understand a word that is coming out of my mouth right now?"

"Yes, I understand everything." I said grabbing the basketball that rolled by my foot.

"I don't think you do, Deja just give me a chance, I don't want anything from you, I promise, I'll treat you with respect, I love you Deja Neal."

"Ok ok Jaime, I will give you a chance, now we can't tell anybody yet though."

"Thank you, and I know, let's just wait until next week to tell them."

"Tomorrow isn't promised, by not yet I mean, maybe we should tell them after school."

"Ooh ok, yea sure." He said then hit the ball out of my hand.

"Dick head." I laughed then got up and ran after him.

Cardell Pov

"Where the damn bracelet?" I hit the counter.

"Sír you have to come back a little later."

"No, I'm gonna sit here until I get it." I clumsily walked to sit down.

"Fine sír, you will have to sit there for about 2 more days."

"I don't give a fuck." I leaned against the wall and dozed off.

***

Short, but I was very bored.