Chapter 12

Deja Pov

After we came back from the memorial service almost all of our family had to leave to go back to work. Me,my daddy, Ms.Tara, and Roderick went back to the house for a while to sit with some of daddy folks from California.

"Who cooked this?" My daddy asked taking a bite of chicken.

"Um Jessi, I think." Shaun mumbled.

"Oh, she never could cook." We all laughed at my dad's attempt to joke.

"Whatever." Aunt Jessi got up from the table and grabbed her purse.

"You ready to go?" Her husband Kevin asked.

"Yea, Ajia and Tanais, are you two going?"

"Yea, come on Ava." She called her year old daughter to her. After they all got their things they went their separate ways.

"Shaun and Juicy are y'all leaving too?" I asked them cause they were still sitting at the table.

"Oh yea, come on Shaunny I don't think they want us here." She smiled and then they left.

"Um, Roderick and Deja, you two go wash the dishes please." Ms. Tara dismissed us, "Yes m'am." We both said grabbing dishes off of the table and walking to the sink.

Cardell Pov

After the argument I packed some bags and went to a hotel to stay for a while, and as soon as I got here Rylee called me,

"Um, the funeral was good." She tried to continue the conversation we were having.

"Oh yea, well baby girl I have to go."

"No daddy please." She started crying again.

"I have to Rylee."

"Please daddy come back, can you just please work things out with her."

"Things between me and your mother are done."

"Don't say that, she still loves you, and you still love her."

"I don't love her anymore, and she doesn't love me, there is nothing I can do to make her love me, and she can't make me love her."

"Don't be like that daddy, you know y'all still love eachother." She cried even harder.

"No, I'm sorry Rylee, I will be over tomorrow to get some more of my stuff, see you then baby girl, I love you."

"Daddy don't h-hang up on me."

"I have to go." I hung up.

It was hard for me to do it, but I had to get settled and get some rest before I file for my divorce.

Deja Pov

Roderick and I had finished the dishes, since my daddy and his mama were in the living room talking we decided to go into the back to talk and watch a movie.

"Aye Jug head." Rod threw a pillow at me.

"Nigga what the fuck do you want?" I laughed throwing it back at him.

"I thought you was sleep."

"Oh nah."

"What the movie about then?" He question me about the movie The Help.

"I have watched this a million times before dude, you act like this is new."

"I know but whatever, come here."

"What you want?"

"Oh so you gone be like that?"

"Like what Rod?" I scooted closer to him.

"Nothing, bruh just watch the movie." He pushed me over.

"Yo low down ass." I laughed.

"You and your daddy low down."

"Aye, chill."

"Alright baby."

"Please don't call me that."

"And why not?" He quickly turned his head.

"Well, cause it doesn't seem right, you know I'm with Jaime, and plus your like my brother."

"So what?" He looked at me,"I loved you before him, you know how I get when I see you with another nigga, I can't stand to see you with nobody but me."

"That's the same thing Jaime said to me."

"Thats just cause he got that shit from me, I told him how I felt about you, and I guess he took that information and got to you before I did." He explained to me.

"Well I'm sorry, and I think it's best that we just be friends while we're living together anyway." I looked away from him and started watching t.v.

"Alright its whatever." He shrugged and I could tell he was upset. We sat there watching tv in complete silence and finally my daddy and Tara came to the back and said they were ready to go to bed.

I put on my pajamas and climbed into the bed with my daddy. It has been so long since I have seen him, it feels like he has been dead and now I'm  just talking to a spirit.

"So, when did you say you and mama were planning on retiring?" I asked pulling the cover up on me.

"Well we will be home for good next month." He smiled at me.

"Really, where are we going to live?" I asked getting excited.

"You will see, now go to sleep." He kissed my forehead and turned over to rest for the night.

Rylee Pov

"You always fucking something up, I haven't been happy since I was baby, I don't even know if I was happy then." I fussed with my mother.

"Rylee, baby, all of this isn't my fault."

"Kill yourself, you know this is your fault."

"Whatever."

"You know what, I hope my daddy get custody of me and I hope I don't have to see your face anymore." I stormed off to my room. I swear I don't even know why my daddy married that woman.

****************************************

Just a lil something for now.. :) More tommorow. :D