Chapter 18

***************

(Later the next day)

Cardell Pov

I had gotten settled into the house, Rylee and I had already got our clothes and other things into the house and everything was settled.

"Daddy, I'm going out with Abrienda, can I get some money."

"Ah, how much?"

"About 50." She smiled and I knew she wanted more so I pulled out a 100 and gave it to her. "Have fun." I said after she kissed my cheek and went out the door.

I turned on the t.v flipping through the channels until I landed on one network that was playing the movie Burlesque. Once it got to a good part my phone started ringing and it was Deja.

"Wassup?" I answered the phone.

"Can I come over and talk to you or is now not a good time."

"Hmm, depends on what you mean by talking."

"I mean to actually talk to you about something important."

"Ok now isn't a very good time, but you can tell me now."

"Are you alone?" She questioned starting to worry me.

"Yea." I laid back in my chair and held the phone tightly.

"Well I just wanted you to know that, I'm pregnant and you might be the father."

"What in the hell." I put the phone on speaker and just sat there ready to listen to anything else she had to say.

"Yea, but I'm not sure."

"Well if you ain't sure then the damn baby ain't mine and I ain't taking care of it, don't tell nobody about anything we did cause I don't want my daughter to find out now bye." I said quickly hanging up the phone.

There is no way that I could get a DNA test that would be just dumb because of our age difference. I didn't mean to say all of that to her but I just couldn't believe what she had said, what have I done?

Deja Pov

I hope Cardell doesn't think he is getting off that easy, I'll give him one more chance to own up to what he may have caused and if he doesn't want to do this and take care of a child that might be his then there is nothing left to do but expose his ass.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Tara came in my room, with a basket full of clothes ready to be folded in her hand.

"It was Rylee, she said she was going to come over later." I laid back on the bed and quickly texted Rylee to tell her to come over.

"Oh, well can you fold these clothes for me miss pregnant lady." She deviously smiled, threw the clothes on the floor and walked out of the room.

"Wait, Ms.Tara, how did you know?" I ran out after and grabbed her shoulder turning her around.

"I know that wasn't Rylee on the phone and I heard you tell whoever it was that it might be their baby."

"I-I'm sorry." I said on the verge of tears.

"And plus Roderick told me what you told him yesterday, now I'm not going to get all in your business I'm going to let you figure this out on your own, and when your parents get home, you have to get the hell up out of here." She said angrily as she stormed off into her room.

This means war, Cardell did what he did and I'm going to find out if he is my baby's daddy one way or the other.

Roderick Pov

"You know what, you the fakest nigga I ever met." I turned around to face Jaime.

"I might be fake, but Deja liked it."

"Shut the fuck up."

"You know it's true, that's why I gave her this-" I cut him off by giving him one blow to the mouth then I walked off.

'I swear I'm tired of fake ass people, I got rid of one problem now let's see if I can solve this pregnancy problem.' I thought to myself, as I watched Jaime stumble backwards into the brick wall he was by, then I got in the car and drove off.

"Aye bruh I need a pound." I hit Roscoe, aka 'Da Pill Man', up on the phone.

"Swang by my crib and get it then it'll be 30."

"Word."

"Bet." I hung up and blasted my music while I made my way to his house.

Rylee Pov

"Abri, I can't believe it, I don't believe, she can't be pregnant."

"Well believe and help me pick out some stuff for her."

"Don't you think it's a little too early to be picking out things for her I came here to get one outfit and some food."

"Is that all you think about is food, you might be pregnant." Abri said cracking up at herself.

"Maybe, maybe not now let's go."

"Nah, I think I will stay in here for a while." She said looking at some baby stuff, while I walked out of the store to the food court.

It seemed like there were millions of people here, I looked around and I spotted my mom, or should I say Paris, with some man. It killed me inside, but I went over to speak to the two of them.

"Why hello, you slut." I smiled and mumbled the last part.

"Hey baby."

"Don't call me that please."

"Who is this?" The man asked me.

"Oh this is my daughter, Rylee, and Rylee this is my friend Marcus." She introduced us. He reached out to shake my hand but instead I just gave him this real stank look.

"Anyway, you two look happy over here together."

"Yea, just two happy friends."

"Is this why you and daddy was having problems?"

"Maybe, maybe not, I think it's time for you to go now." She said to me and as I walked away I could hear the man saying something to Paris.

"Like I said before, we have to stop seeing each other I think my wife has found out about us." I heard him say, and instead of getting any food I hurried back to the store with Abri.

Paris, seeing a married man?

******************