Chapter 16

********************************

(A few weeks later)

Deja Pov

"Aye Deja you did your homework for Mrs. B last night?" Rylee came up to me in our 5th period class which was c/c skills we were supposed to work on college skills but we didn't do anything in there.

"To be honest I wasn't worried about any work last night I was hoping you did it."

"Oh dang, well I'll get it later."

"Meet me at my house after school, I need to tell you something its very important."

"Alright." She said as she grabbed a rolling volleyball and took off down towards the end of the gym.

Since Abri has been there for me longer than Rylee has these last few weeks I thought maybe that she should be the first to know, but I guess I will just tell them together.

Cardell Pov

During my day out yesterday picking out some stuff to decorate the living room I ran into an old friend of mine.

We talked for a while, while she helped me pick out some things.

"You know this is a very big house for only two people, where is your wife?" Tisha, my friend,asked innocently while helping me paint.

"Uh actually I just got a divorce."

"Oh, well you didn't tell me that yesterday when we were talking." She turned her head towards me as she continued to paint.

"Yea, well I guess there are a lot of other things that I left out too."

"Oh yea, like what?" She asked me.

"I'd rather not talk about it if you don't mind." I bent down to get some more paint on my brush.

"It's ok I completely understand." She nodded her head.

We both continued to paint the living room a peach color after we were through we started moving in the furniture which consisted of 3 brown couches, 2 polished wooden end tables, and a coffee table.

"Wow, I'm tired and hungry can we please take a break?" Tisha asked me out of breath.

"Yea, sure where do you wanna go to eat it's on me." I smiled at her.

"Well if it's on you then we should go to O'Charley's and have a nice expensice dinner."

"Oh no, let's go for something cheap for now, I'm still trying to get settled."

"I know, I know, wanna go get some wings from American Deli?"

"Sure I guess, I'll call and order."

I called to order the food, and after we moved a few more things in, we got in the car to go get the food.

"I have to go soon, my husband is going to get off of work soon and I don't want to hear his mouth."

"What do you mean you don't want to hear his mouth?"

"He is so controlling, he always want to know where I'm at, who I'm with, what I'm doing, and honestly I'm very tired of it."

"Leave." I simply said.

"I can't I need the money."

"Don't you have a job?"

"Yea, why?"

"Save your money and leave him." I tried giving her some advice.

"I don't want to leave him, but I do, it's just very complicated right now."