Chapter 23, The End.

- 2 Weeks after the wreck-

Roderick Pov

Everything has been great, everyone is talking again and we aren't having any problems. Well I went to the doctor with Deja yesterday and we found out that she is actually 6 months along in her pregnancy. My question is how could you not know that you have been pregnant for that long, so there is really no telling who the father is now.

"Pass me the chips." Deja hungrey fat ass said. We are all at the Lock & Dam, not just us kids but the adults too, we decided that we should have time together and just get away from all of the drama.

"You just ate a whole bag of chips Deja!" Jaime exclaimed.

"She hungry let her eat, I mean she is the pregnant one here." Me and Jaime have been getting along a little better than before.

"Oh and pass me a hamburger too." 

"Girl, you need to stop eating you already big enough." Abri chuckled.

"You can say that again." Rylee rolled her eyes,playfully.

"Oh y'all shut up."

"Who wants to go walk by the water with me?" My asked all of us.

"I'm not moving, I'm already tired and hungry now." Deja stuffed her mouth with chips and a hamburger. Oh I forgot to tell you her parents are at home finally but until they get settled she is still living with us.

"You just sit right there bae, I'll be back I'm gone walk with her so she don't cry." And another thing me and Deja made it official just last week after school. A lot has happened in these two weeks.

"Mhm, whatever, all of y'all can go just leave the pregnant lady here." 

"I'm gonna stay here with you Beetle."

"Mama no don't call me that." 

"Whatever." They went back and forth and finally me and my mama just walked off, followed by Abri, Jaime, and Rylee.

Deja Pov

"Cardell can you please come here for a moment?" My mama called him over, from where him and Tisha were standing.

"Wassup?" He asked when he made it over there.

"Can you sit down for a minute and talk to us please."

"Sure I guess."

"Marietta don't say anything rude." I could read my daddy's lips as he tried to whisper in my mom's ear.

"Oh shut up Darrel." She smiled and rolled her eyes. "So how's life?"

"Good I guess."

"Ahh why not great?"

"Look if you called me over here for this, I don't have time for it not trying to be rude or anything just saying."

"Alright I'll get straight to the point then, since you're not taking care of the baby, she isn't going to use it against you she isn't going to be a baby mama she is going to be a mother, but I have you know that you will be arrested for rape!" My mother got up and stormed off towards the steps and my daddy went right behind her.

I couldn't stand to sit there so I just got up myself and wobbled to the swing set.

Rylee Pov

When we got back to the gazebo everything seemed so awkward I don't know what happened while we were gone but I have a feeling that it is time to go.

"So is everyone ready, I think we have had enough fun and done enough eating for the day."

"Yes! We have." Ms. Marietta said clearly upset. "Come on Deja and Darrel Let's go!"  She exclaimed.

"Alright." And they both got up and followed her to the car, once they all got in, Ms. Marietta sped off into the distance.

"Um, ok Roderick, Abri, and Jaime are y'all ready?" I asked them since I drove and Deja rode with us but she was already gone.

"Yea." They already replied dryly.

"I guess we gone head out too, we will see y'all at the house." My daddy said going to his car with all the stuff we had brought.

***

Once we got to the house there were two police officers in the front yard so I backed up out of the yard to take everyone home before I went back to see what was going on.

Cardell Pov

"I'm so sorry about what happened." I said to Tisha.

"No everything was fine, no one is perfect and I understand what you are going through."

"You do?" I smiled pulling into the driveway to see two police officers sitting on the porch.

I carefully got out the car to see what they wanted and before I could even get any words out of my mouth they grabbed me and put me in handcuffs.

"You have the right to remain silent anything yoou say can and will be used against you in the court of law and.." They said all they were supposed to say but I wasn't going to be silent I needed answers, what had I done that was so wrong?

"What did I do?"

"Shut up." One of them pushed me towards the car and patted me down.

":I didn't do anything man!" I shouted.

"Rape." The other said then he grabbed me and threw me in the car, and I just knew that I was going to have about 9 years. It's ok though cause when I get out I ain't staying here no more I'm taking my daughter and we gonna go.

Rylee Pov

I pulled up in the yard and noticed that they were taking my daddy away I couldn't do anything but get out the car and fall to my knees and cry.

"Please don't go." I shook my head as I sat there looking in his eyes from the back of that police car.

"I'll be back." He mouthed to me, and pointed to Tisha. I guess he pointed to her cause she was going to be the one to take care of me.

I was crying so hard I couldn't even move anymore, Tisha just came over and embraced me in a tight hug.

"It's gonna be alright baby, we gonna get him out I'm sure it won't be too much to get him out, he has some money saved up for emergencies we can use that." She patted my back.

"Why?" Was all I could say before they pulled off with my daddy in the backseat, just taking him away from me. I guess the lesson is to always think before you do things.

*******

CUFFED.