Chapter 14

Confrontation isn't hard.! On to the story now.!
******************************

Cardell Pov

So far my day has been going well, yesterday I filed for the divorce and went to go get some more of my stuff and apparently Rylee wanted to come with me, but sadly I wouldn't let her. She refused to stay at the house with her mama so she left, but nobody knows where she went, I will find out later I know she hasn't gone far though.

"Is there anything that you would like to keep from the marriage?" My lawyer asked as we discussed the divorce.

"Yes, I would like to keep my car, I will be nice and let her have the house and everything else, but the car is mine."

"Alright, I will do my best to make sure that you get it, anything else?"

"Oh, and can you make sure that I get custody of my daughter Rylee please?"

"Sir, may I ask how old she is?" She said adjusting her glasses.

"She is 15."

"Well, Mr. McKnight, she is old enough to make her own decision, so whatever she says then the judge will go by that."

"Alright, well thank you, that is it for today I guess we could go over the other stuff tomorrow."

"Sure thing, if there is anything else you would like to discuss today, then give me a call."

"I sure will, have a nice day." I smiled as I walked her to the door so that she could leave.

I'm glad that the divorce will be finalized immediately instead of having to wait until about six months cause I can't take this any longer.

Deja Pov

Yesterday was so emotional I stayed up all night looking at my gifts, reading the note over and over again while crying. Jaime offered to take me out today to get my mind off of things, but there is something that I had to talk to him about too.

"So are you two enjoying yourselves?" Jaime asked me and Abri as we were getting our nails done, he stood over both of us the whole time.

"I won't be enjoying myself until I get some food." Abri's greedy ass replied.

"Well, you will just have to wait, and I hope you got the money for them nails while you talking about food."

"Ain't nobody got no money for this, cause you told me you was gone pay for it."

"Well you want food, so that means you either pay for the nails or the food cause I ain't paying for both plus a movie." The two of them went back and forth like that for a while, before I finally shut them up because it was starting to get embarrassing. After the women finished our nails, we went to grab some quick food, then went to the movie theater.

After we got our tickets I pulled Jaime to the side to talk to him. "Um, Jaime do you mind if I asked you something?" I asked, looking around making sure that Abri wasn't around.

"Yea, sure what is it?"

"What is the real reason?"

"What are you talking about De?"

"Why do you like me, why all of a sudden did you just ask me to go out with you?" I pulled my brown curls out of my face and looked Jaime into his eyes. "I already told you Deja." He grabbed my hand and stared deep into my eyes.

"No Jaime, I want the real reason, you've never thought of me that way and don't lie like you have."

"Can we please talk about this some other time?"

"Are you afraid to tell the truth? Is that what it is?"

"I told you the truth dammit what else do you want me to say?" He dropped my hand and raised his voice a little, but not enough to make a scene that wasn't really necessary.

"You haven't told me anything, I guess when you get ready to tell me you can call me, you know the number." I dropped the movie ticket right in front of him and spinned on my heels to walk straight out of the door.

"Wait, come here." Jaime grabbed me. " Why you acting like this all of a sudden baby." He said pulling me close to him so that his lip were touching my neck.

"Acting like what?" I said trying to resist kissing him.

"Like a bitch Deja." He whispered firmly in my ear, tightening his grip on my arm.

"Oh so I'm a bitch now." I pulled away and looked at him with anger in my eyes.

"Did I say you were, I don't think I did, I said you were acting like one."

"Well its just like calling me one, you know what don't talk to me don't even look at me no more until you get your mind straight cause you trippin' hard as hell right now." I shook my head and walked out the door, unsure of what to do because he was my ride home.

Cardell Pov

"Daddy, I want to stay with you." Rylee grabbed my hand as we sat by the pool at The Cook Hotel.

"It's all your decision when we are in court." I smiled looking up at her, getting a strand of hair away from her eye.

"Are you serious?" She jumped up full of life.

"Yup, so when the time comes you tell them what you want and they will make sure that you get it."

"Aw daddy that's great, I'm going to start packing my bags and things now getting ready for whenever it comes." She grabbed her purse off of the lounger beside the pool and rushed through the big doors of the hotel.

One thing I had to start doing now is to look for a job because my money is getting low, then the next thing would be to look for a house.

Rylee Pov

My daddy telling me that getting to stay with him was my choice had to be the greatest news I have gotten all day!
**********
:)