Chapter 22

... then all of a sudden I felt my body jerk forward, and everything just went completely black. As I started to recollect my vision I called for Deja, but she wouldn't answer. All I know is there was some red liquid dripping down on my hand.

"Deja." I tried to say but it came out as a hoarse whisper. I also tried to feel around my face, but I noticed that I couldn't move my hands, it felt like I was paralyzed. The more I struggled the worse everything hurt more. "Deja." I said again.

I sat there waiting until I could see everything very clearly before I tried to move again. Minutes went by and I could see a little more than the first time and I noticed that the car was upside down.

The windshield was broken and there lay a body in the middle of the road and at that moment I was hoping that it wasn't Deja. I turned my head to the passenger side where she should have been seated but she wasn't there so that had to be her in the road.

I still struggled to move held down by my seatbelt, my arms still weren't moving no matter how hard I tried. Moments later for some reason the feeling came back in my right arm and I gently moved it to unbuckle the seatbelt.

"Deja." I hoarsely whispered again, flipping myself on over and trying to climb out of the over turned car. When I looked down I noticed there was a big gash on my leg, exposing my bone.

Right now I wasn't worried about my safety I had to fight my pain and see if Deja was alright, because of course she was the one with the baby. She hadn't flown far but it looked like there was some serious damage done.

We were on what seemed like a vacant road so I had to find my phone so that I could notify someone, it was in my pocket, but when I reached for it, it was gone. It could be hours before anyone comes to get us though.

I was going to crawl back over to the car until I noticed that it was on fire, I had no doubt in my head that we were going to die, since we didn't have any help. "Deja." I felt around checking for pulse, once I knew that she was alive I was happy as ever.

I sat there waiting patienly until she opened her eyes constantly checking for her pulse cause there was no way that I could lose her, especially not at this time. While I was sitting there I started feeling around her clothes to see if she had anything so that I could notify someone.

Sure enough her phone was still in her back pocket it was a little cracked, but so what, it had to help right now.

"Wassup De where you at girl?" Roderick answered the phone.

"Hello." I answered my voice was still hoarse as ever.

"De?" He sounded confused. "It's Cardell." I said.

"Man chill out and stop playing who is this?" He seemed to be getting upset.

"It's me Cardell, Rylee's father." I struggled to get out.

"Oh what you doing with her phone, where you at, and why the hell your voice like that?"

"Wreck." Was I could manage to get out.

"What?"

"We had a wreck, help." I struggled to get out, it just felt as though my throat was closing up.

"Ah shit alright man, where y'all at though."

"Spark Road, on 56."

"Alright I'm gone call my mama, y'all stay strong." And with that he hung up.

Rylee Pov

It wasn't long before I heard the news that my daddy was in a wreck, and I rushed to the hospital and I instantly felt bad. The whole time I was in the car on my way to the hospital I just felt like that I should just drop everything against Deja, cause it wasn't worth it, my daddy made his choice.