I want to get to know you

Toby and I got to work pretty quick and we had a pretty good conversation. He made me laugh and smile for the first time in a long time and it felt good. For once in my life I was genuinely happy. He made me happy. But why? I've never liked anyone in my life, I've never even had friends. Let alone a crush. It feels warm and fuzzy inside of my body and I feel like I'm on top of the world when I'm near him, I'm scared of this feeling.
Soon enough the bell rang, Toby and I exchanged numbers so we could keep in touch for the project, but also because I made a friend, a real friend! I was so happy when I left 1st period that I didn't even know I was smiling all the way to my locker. I was getting my stuff for my next class Russian History until I heard a voice come from behind me startling me half to death. "Spencer?" I jumped back slamming my back into the lockers to be faced by Toby.

"Oh Toby, sorry you scared me." I said steadying my breathing, he looked worried from my reaction, but didn't say anything. "Anyway... hey I was wondering if you would want to come to my house so we can work on the project?" My heart nearly bursted out of my chest, I frantically nod my head and smile. "I would love that." I say genuinely. His eyes light up and he smiles a beautiful smile.
"Alright I'll meet you at..." he waited for me to say a time, "oh! Uh... how about 5:00 after school?" I answer. He smiles and nods his head slightly, "ok see ya there!" He said waving running to his next class as I walked to mine.
~*~
After school I drove home and opened the door to be face by Melissa and a strange man cuddling in the living room making out. I gaged silently and cleared my through to make myself known. Melissa gasped and turned to face me standing up and rushing over to me with the strange man in tow behind her. "Spencer...don't freak out." Melissa started and put her hands out in front of her like I would hit her something.
"What do you mean?" I question furrowing my brow in confusion, "this is Ian we've been dating for a while and... We're engaged!" Melissa squealed in excitement, my jaw dropped to the floor. "En-engaged?!" I yell. "Yes, we got engaged last night but I wanted to wait until today to tell you." I loved my sister I really did but I don't even know this guy, nor have I even met him. Now they're engaged! I couldn't wrap my head around that fact.

Ian was silently drooling all over me checking me out every now and then but ignored it. I decided to let it go because there was nothing I could do now, it was 4:45 so I decided to head out to see Toby. Melissa just let me leave telling me to be safe before I left. My heart fluttered in my chest when I saw Toby sitting out on his porch reading a book waiting for me. I walked up to greet him but Toby looked up and greeted me first.
"Hey Spence!" Spence? No one has ever called me a nickname before I liked it. I smiled at the small gesture and sat down next to him. My hand accidentally landed on top of his and I blushed wildly from ear to ear looking away so he couldn't see. I drew my hand away quickly and reached into my purse and pulled out my copy of To kill a Mockingbird and started to talk about the events in the book.
Toby and I got immersed into the conversation until I saw Melissa and Ian step out and flag me down to come home. I sigh and I say goodbye to Toby, standing up and walking home, "who was that?" Melissa asked smirking and winking at me, "that was Toby, he's my first real friend please don't embarrass me." I beg her and she backs off and smiles. "Well Ian and I are going to bed see ya in the morning sis." She waves from behind her and shuts her bedroom door. I do the same after I change into a simple tank top and sweatpants.

I hop into bed and and start to fall asleep until I feel the bed shift, my eyes flutter open to see Ian sitting on the side of my bed smiling maliciously at me. "Ian what are you-" "shut up just be quiet!" He hisses at me. I just sit there confused and then he throws his big hand onto my mouth and starts to paw at my breasts and touch every piece of flesh I had. I tried to scream but no words were audible with Ian's hand over my mouth.
Tears start to fall down my face until it's over, glared at me "of you tell anyone about what happened here I will kill you, you understand?" He spat, I nod my head quietly sobbing as he leaves my room. He just assaulted me and I can't do anything about it, what am I going to tell Melissa.

A.N ( Hey guys, sorry if this part wasn't as good, I'm like half asleep right now😂, I'll make up for it tomorrow. I promise. I just really wanted to publish this chapter. Xoxo Natalia ❤️️)