Hit and run

I was in shock at what just happened, I couldn't comprehend what just happened. Ian hit me and I finally told Melissa the truth, but I felt awful for ruining Melissa's marriage. I saw Melissa through my own tears to see that she was crying as well but still cradling me, I hug her back and she sobs into the crook of my neck as I do hers. "I-I had no idea Spencer, Im so sorry." "It's not your fault Melissa okay." I said grabbing her tear stained face in my hands and looking directly into her chocolate brown eyes. "I-its all my fault, I married the creep Spencer!" She sobbed, her tears falling into my hands.
I kiss Melissa's forehead and take her up to her room, I lay her down on her bed and snake the covers around her small frame kissing her hair after she's all tucked in. "I love you Melissa." I whisper into her ear as she falls into a deep sleep. I sigh as I take one last look at my sister and leave her room shutting the door quietly behind me. I needed to get some air, clear my head. It was all too much, so I walk silently downstairs to the double doors and step out for a few minutes. That's when it all happened.
~*~
Out of nowhere I hear a car speeding down the road coming right towards me, my heart launches out of my chest as I run down the street trying to get away from the car. I tell and scream at he top of my lungs for help but no one comes, I trip and my I twist my ankle in the process. I scream out in pain as the car launches itself towards me as I scream until the world goes black.
~*~
All I remember is waking up in a hospital bed and Toby was sitting next to me in a chair. Did he call for someone? I try to sit up but wince in pain, there was a pounding in my head and it wouldn't stop. Toby's eyes flutter open and immediately turn to me with a worried and relieved expression crossing his face. He comes up and sits on the edge of my bed. He takes a hold of my hand lightly "Spencer I was so worried, I thought I lost you." A single tear ran down his face, but I still don't know what happened or why Toby was here. Did someone call him?

"What happened?" I asked him and his face crossed with sadness and worry. "Spence, honey you were hit by a car, I thought you were dead. It was pretty gruesome." He said lightly leaning down kissing my hair. I smiled just a little, it hurt but I didn't care. "So you found me?" I asked still confused, he nodded his head. "When I found you I didn't know what to think, so I ran over to your house and told Melissa everything, she ran over to you and called 911."
Soon after he said Melissa's name she came barging into the room with tears staining her cheeks and a brown paper bag in one hand and coffee in the other. "Oh Spencer! I'm so happy you're okay!" She exclaimed running up and hugging me gently, trying not to hurt my fragile frame. "Do you know who hit me Mel?" I asked and her face became emotionless and frozen like ice was dumped down her back making her freeze.
"Ian did it, Spence." My heart stopped when she said his name. "What?!" I almost yelled, she slowly nodded her head Toby came up and held my hand as I stared into his crystal eyes that were now glassy from all the tears he shed. Melissa smiled and was slowing backing away to the door "ill give you two some privacy." She said giggling just a little, I rolled my eyes then looked up at Toby's serious expression. "Spence there's something I've been wanting to say for a long time..." he started and I looked hopeful in his eyes.

"Yes Toby." "Spencer... when I saw you lying there almost dead with blood everywhere and to see your lifeless eyes stare into me without any sign that you will be coming back to me made me realize I have to say this to you. I love you Spencer." I was shocked by his words and my heart leaped out of my chest, I was flabbergasted at what he just told me but in all honesty I loved him too, I've always loved him. "I love you too." I could hear his breath hitch as he heard me say it. But before I could say anything Elsa his lips crashed into mine.
  "I can never loose you Spencer, you're too important to me." My eyes tear up at his words, "that's the same way I feel about you, I've never felt this way about anyone before Toby." He smiles slightly at my response. "Well that's funny because you're my first love too."

A.N( Hey guys! Here's today's new chapter I hope you like it. I loved writing this chapter. I was really bored and I didn't want to do my homework right now, I mean its thanksgiving break! So I was like okay I'm making a chapter so here you are! Xoxo Natalia❤️️)