Broken...can you fix me?

I felt disgusting, like my innocence was taken away from me, never to return. Tears silently fell down my face, I couldn't take it anymore I picked up the razor that I had hidden in a little heart shaped box in my drawer and sliced a little part of my skin 10 times in different places. It stung, yeah but the blood oozing out was vaguely beautiful. It entrances me every time. No one will care anyway, one cut here, one there. Who cares right?
I wiped the blood, put the Neosporin on them and fell asleep a few hours after that.
~*~
I avoided Melissa for weeks, barely saying anything to her other than 'hi' or 'I'm fine' she began to worry but I just couldn't look her in the eyes because Ian was always with her. He's been taking advantage of me for weeks on end and every time a little piece of me dies. I cut every time it happens so I wore long sleeves very often.
I was broken, the only person I could think about was Toby. We've been hanging out all the time, but I've been keeping my family life a secret. I fear that Toby would run away if he found out what I did, why i did it, and just my bottomless pit of a life in general. It was finally the weekend and Toby and I got a 100% on our project, of course.

We were getting ice cream to celebrate our grade, but what I didn't tell him that it was just my excuse to get away from Ian.  "Spencer... are you okay? You seem distracted." Toby said snapping me out of my thoughts, I smile to cover up how I'm feeling and give the answer I give everyone "I'm fine." Toby could see right through me, he tilted his head and furrowed his brows "Spencer what's wrong?" He said seriously getting a little worried.
A tear rolls down my face and I look to see Toby's horrified expression as he takes my hand and leads me to the parking lot. "Spencer we've been friends, no scratch that best friends for what, almost a month. What's going on?" Toby questioned "I-I" I give in, I had to I can't lie to Toby he's the only friend I've ever had, so I give in.
"Toby there's something I have to tell you... but do you promise you won't leave me or freak out." Toby nods his head waiting for me to explain. I silently wipe of my makeup from the bruise I covered on my cheek from where my dad hit me. Toby gasped horrified, he touched it lightly caressing my face. "What happened Spence?" I bow my head ashamed, "my dad and mom abuse me... the rest of the bruises and slash marks are on my body." I whisper.

Toby gasped looking horrified then angry, his jaw set and he caresses my face lightly. "Why didn't you tell me, I could've done something." He started, my heart started racing "no! No, I didn't want you getting hurt and Melissa and I would be taken away-" he cut me off by putting his lips on mine. I froze for a second then I melted into the kiss. Pulling him in closer and him carefully holding my waist.
We broke away to catch our breath as I looked up into his crystal blue eyes. "Wh-why did you do that?" I asked smiling, "because Spencer, I think you are the smartest, most beautiful, talented, kind, and most loving girl in the entire world." He said smiling. I didn't know what to say, I've never been complemented before and it felt good.
"You are so important to me Spencer, you have no idea. Just the thought of someone, anyone hurting you makes me want to rip their heads off." He said taking my hand in his. I gripped it tightly and smiled up at him, "you have no idea how long I've waited for you to do that." I say swaying on the balls of my feet.
But Toby I'm broken... why would you want-" he cut me off and kissed me again. He pulled away, "that's why." He said smirking.

I hug him, but there is one other thing I have to tell him, "Toby..." I swallow my hidden shame and lift up my sleeve, he gasped in shock looking down at my arm. "I cut myself." 

A.N ( hey guys! I know that this isn't as long as my usual length but I wanted to leave it on a cliff hanger so I can keep you guys guessing. What will Toby's reaction be to Spencer's cutting? What will happen when Melissa confronts Spencer about her recent behavior? What will happen when Spencer's parents come home from their business trip? Find out in the next chapter! Xoxo Natalia❤️️)