I came home to a disaster

4 weeks later...
~*~
I was finally out of that distressing hospital and Toby hasn't left my side and neither has Melissa. We all took Melissa's car to my house, Toby and I were in the backseat holding hands and looking deeply into each other's eyes constantly. I loved him more than I can put into words, he was my everything. We finally got to my house and Toby helped me out of the car getting my crutches from the trunk.
Apparently I have a broken leg and I had a few stitches on the side of my torso where the car hit me.
I lugged my leg with the heavy boot on it out of the car first and grabbed my crutches from Toby before standing up. As soon as I regained my balance from getting out of the car I hobbled up to the doorstep of the house and was welcomed by the smell of bitter alcohol and a rustling of papers from the living room. Oh no, my parents are here! I thought they were still in Philly for their business meeting, it was supposed to last 2 months!

Melissa stepped in first and my parents staggered up to greet her drunkenly. "Melissa! My favorite daughter, there you are!" My mom slurred from inside the house, her words stung like I had just been whipped in the back. Favorite daughter?! "Mom dad, what are you doing here? You should be in philly." Melissa stated worriedly. "Ah! I heard about... uh, what's her names accident and we got excused to come and see you guys." My dad slurred. What's her name?! Do they even know I have a name?!
I knew that question in a heartbeat, no, no they didn't. Tears started clinging to my eyelids as I heard their conversation from the outside by the door. It really hurt me when they acted like this. Toby was just sitting there listening with me grasping my shoulder, his jaw set in anger. I walked in to make my presents known and my parents just glared at me, "what did you do this time Riley?" My mom staggered over to me and slurred, I could barely understand what she said but I heard Riley.

"It's Spencer mom..." I mumbled, she just glared at me and I could smell the bitter alcohol on the tip of her tongue. "Riley, Spencer, same difference!" She yelled at me. Toby came in a little bit after I settled down on the couch holding my luggage from the hospital and setting it down next to the door. Me dad staggered to Toby and went up and leaned into his face poking at his chest. "Who's this?!" Toby just stood there awkwardly looking at me not knowing what to say.
"That's Toby my... boyfriend." I mumbled looking down, my parents both looked at me shocked, their eyes were as wide as saucers. They staggered over to me and Toby inched closer to me, his eyes never leaving me. "Your what?!" My dad boomed, I shrunk back in my chair, "boyfriend, he's my boyfriend."
I say a little more confidently sitting up straighter.

You have a boyfriend that looks like that?!" My mom sneered, my anger was bubbling inside of me now and my eye started to twitch, "what's that supposed to mean?!" I retort. My mom pursed her lips and giggled "I mean, he's hot but not your type." Everyone gasped in surprise and I felt like my mom stabbed me in the back a dozen times. Tears rolled down my cheeks and Toby ran over to me and kneeling down in front of me holding my hand.
  "Spence, baby don't listen to her okay." He stated sternly.
I nod my head and look at my parents who are fuming because of what Toby said, Toby turned around and saw that my dad had his hand in the air and tried to hit Toby, "NO!" I yelled and lunged out in front of him and my dad slapped me in the face so hard you could hear the CRACK! I fell to the ground holding my face, there was a ringing in my ears and I don't know why but all I could hear were Toby and Melissa's cries to me.

Toby dove down to help me up and he picked me up bridal style, Melissa carried my crutches behind his as he set me into his truck that he parked in front of my house when Melissa offered him a ride and put them in the backseat. She stared at him sternly and sharply nodded her head and ran off inside, Toby set me down on the passenger side and closed the door and he jumped into the drivers side and drove off.
"T-Toby what about Melissa?!" I croaked out panicking, "she'll be fine, she told me herself." He assured me putting his hand on my knee as we drove off.

A.N ( Hey guys! I almost forgot to write a chapter today but I didn't forget, I got you guys! This chapter was brutal I know and if you're wondering where Aria, Hanna, And Emily are Spencer hasn't met them yet. But soon they will meet and your fav PLL characters will be placed but for now the storyline requires this... but they will come soon I promise! Xoxo Natalia❤️️)