The Homecoming Dance

3 days later...
~*~
Aria, Hanna, Emily, and I were getting ready for the Homecoming dance tonight, I was invited to Aria's house to get ready and the could do my makeup and hair. When I arrive I have my dress, shoes, and makeup kit in the back and my hair stuff next to me. I've never done this before so I wanted to be prepared, I walk up to the doorstep and ring the doorbell, I patiently wait for someone to open the door and I heard it swing open and Aria launched herself at my stuff. "Thank god! You're here! We have 4 hours to get ready, come on!" She says tugging me into her room as I laughed at her reaction. I gasp at her nice and authentic looking room, there's books everywhere, a nice vintage desk with every piece of makeup and hair things Aria had and her daubed was beautiful. "Come on Spence! We have to hurry!" She shouted from the bathroom where she was straightening her hair.
   She slips into a beautiful dark blue top that showed her stomach and a long, classy looking floral skirt, she put a headband in her hair to finish it off. She looked gorgeous. Hanna came walking in and I stood in awe at her, she had on a a long in the back short in the front flowing gown with a sheer nude top aligned with silver glittering butterflies, her hair put up in a gorgeous bun with a braid wrapped around her head. Emily came in last and I couldn't believe someone could be so beautiful, she had on a long black and grey dress on the skirt and for the top it was pure black with gray trim on the chest, her head crowned with a black crown. She looked like a stunning version of the Evil Queen from Snow White.

It was only me as Aria sat me down as she did my makeup for half an hour perfecting everything, I looked in the mirror for the first time and I looked stunning. Emily fixed my hair so it was down with curly ringlets and It clipped back by a Boho pearl hairpiece. I loved the hairstyle, they did a wonderful job. Now it was time for me to put on my own dress, I run tot he bathroom and slip on the dark green dress as I let it fall. It was elegant, sexy, and classy at the same time.
I walked as all the girls gasped in awe at my gown, it was a dark green gown that fell to my feet, it was a mermaid gown as it suited my curves well at the top and then flowed at the bottom. The neckpiece wrapped around the middle of my neck as I looked in awe at myself. It was perfect and I hope Toby will like it. "Oh my god Spencer! You look beautiful!" They all say in unison, I laugh and then we see the time 7:30 time to go. We hear a rapping at the door downstairs as we went down to greet our dates at the door.

"Hi guys, you guys look great!" Aria exclaimed as everyone came in one by one, first in was a boy with semi long hair that fell to his shoulders, he was pretty attractive I had to say, his tux fit him nicely as he walked up to Hanna greeting her with a kiss. "Spencer, is like you to meet my boyfriend Caleb." Hanna beamed looking up at him lovingly. Caleb, I remember him Toby was partnered up with him in first period.
I extend my arm to shake his hand in a sturdy hand shake. Next a girl came in she had on a long blue gown with rhinestones at the top of the sweetheart neckline. Her hair went down to her back and was perfectly straight, she went up to Emily and kissed her on the cheek, "Emily you're-" she cut me off "yeah sorry I didn't tell you, I guess I forgot." She shrugged and so did I, good for her. Next an older man came in and I almost fainted when I saw who it was, "Mr. Fitz?!" I say shocked, he turned around awkwardly to meet my shocked expression "Spencer? What are you doing here?" He asked scared.
Aria put a finger over his lips to hush him "she's part of the group now babe." She said to him and he relaxed a little. Aria looked at me seriously "you won't tell anyone right?" She questioned me with pleading eyes, "I won't tell a soul." I promised, she was my first friend and I wasn't going to loose her. They both smile at me and then Toby walks in with a bouquet of flowers and then stops and stares at me in awe.
"Wow... Spencer you're beautiful!" Toby exclaimed in shock as I walked over to him planting a kiss on his lips. He was wearing a grey tux and he cut his hair into a more mature gelled up short cut. I loved it on him, he couldn't be more handsome. "And you're handsome." I say taking his hand, he smiles at me and then Aria shouts "All right let's go!" And we head off.
~*~
As we reach the school I could hear the blaring music from inside the auditorium and the flashing lights peering out from the windows. Everyone ran inside, as we entered we were greeted by almost the entire school in nice formal wear dancing and having fun. There were games and a fortune teller, I was excited to be entering my first dance with Toby. Everyone strides in and went immediately to the dance floor. We all separated and Toby and I were left alone in the middle of the dance floor, then Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum came on, we swayed to the beat as I put my head in the crook of Toby's neck, while Toby pulled me in tighter by my waist.

We sway for a little bit before I hear Toby's voice in my ear whispering certain lyrics in my ear making me blush " just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight, just a touch of the fire burning so bright." He continued making me tear up "just a shot in the dark that you just might, be the one I've been waiting for my whole life, so baby I'm alright, with a kiss goodnight." A single tear ran down my cheek, "I love you." I whisper in his ear "I love you too." He says leaning in to kiss me, but before that can happen Melissa barges in running up to me and Toby , "Melissa? What's wrong?" I asked panicked, she was wearing her tank top and sweatpants with Ugg Boots and her hair was in a messy bun. "Mom and dad... I've stalled them for a long time but they finally realized you're gone and they want you home, now! My heart stopped at the memories of them beating me when I stayed out past curfew or did something wrong when I was a kid, I don't even want to know what they'll do to me when I go home.

A.N ( hey guys! Thought I'd upload a new chapter again, I love writing this book. It's not the best but I'm pretty proud of it! I can't wait to write all the drama and suspense in the next chapter, and I know I'm horrible for leaving you on a cliffhanger but it just builds the suspense! Xoxo Natalia❤️️)