Welcome Home

3 Months Later...
~*~
I was in the hospital for a good amount of time and my stomach finally started to appear, I remember when I first got here...
Flashback...
Wren asked me a lot of questions I didn't feel like answering but I had to, I didn't feel safe anymore. With Toby gone and Ian on the loose with me being pregnant I just couldn't take it anymore. My heart was shattered and I was broken, now I just proved it. I was officially going crazy, and I didn't mind one bit. "Spencer! Answer the question! Why were you in the woods collapsed on the floor?" Wren said in his aggravated British accent that made me snap back to attention, "I already told you... Toby was gone, I had no hope for myself anymore. The only thing that keeps me going is this baby!" I raise my voice in an aggravated tone.
Wren wrote something down on his clipboard and then asked me more questions and I could see the worry cross his face.

About an hour later the results were in and they led me to a room and locked the heavy steel door behind them, I was officially checked in. They came back with a white gown and had me slip it on. They sat me on the steel uncomfortable bed and then left the room locking the door behind them. I just sat there staring at nothing with an expressionless face, I placed my hand on my stomach and thought of Toby with tears slipping down my cheeks. This was going to be a long adventure.
Flashback over...
Now here I was sitting in a kind of like living space with a big wooden piano and board games to play, along with cards and books. This was also where people came to visit their loved ones, Melissa's come to visit me almost everyday, she was now also pregnant and engaged to Wren. I was happy for her but also envious that she still has the love of her life to come to when she comes home whilst mine was rotting in a cell for a crime he didn't commit. Along with his baby growing everyday, happy and healthy. I felt awful that he couldn't watch it grow with me. It has been a long 3 months.
The old nurse came in and cleared her through loudly so everyone could hear "all patients free time and visiting hours are over, please go back to your rooms." She said in a cheery voice that made me cringe. How could you like working in a rundown Mental Hospital with crazy people around every corner? But all I did was sigh and hobble back to my room and caressed my semi-big stomach gently. I thought about Toby then what Melissa told me, when Wren engaged to her she just finished college and was already accepted to a great firm.
  She took the offer and said that she could help Toby. I freaked when I heard the news, this was the first time in months that I felt happy or felt emotions in general. Toby goes on trial today and Melissa is his lawyer so I know we'll win, Melissa is the best lawyer at that firm. I mean she's a Hastings after all.

I eagerly wait in the visiting center the next morning awaiting for Melissa to tell me the news about Toby. I sat on a leather chair tapping my foot anxiously waiting for Melissa. A few moments later Melissa strides through the metal doors with a bid and wide smile on her heart shaped face. I had a good feeling about what she was going to say and I've never felt happier in the months I've been here.
She sits down across from me on the other brown leather chair and looks at my rundown and tired exterior, she sighed and gives me a big hug, I hug her back and sit back down "so? Tell me what happened!" I exclaim nervously, she hesitates at first then purses her pink lips and starts to talk, "I got Toby out on bail, he was found innocent and if they can't find anymore evidence on Toby for Alison's death than they will drop all charges that were placed on him and the real killer will have a life sentence!" She exclaimed gleefully. I jump into her arms to thank her but my baby bump got in the way. Melissa was barley starting to show but you could kind of tell it was there.
  "Thank you so much Melissa!" I say hugging her as tight as I could, she pulls back to look at me seriously "one more thing... I got you out of here, I said to Wren that you were improving and he's been watching you ever since. He told the people that run Radley and they're letting you leave!" She squealed excitedly and I was overjoyed. I smiled a wide smile and went in for another hug witch Melissa gladly took.
She gave me a white plastic bag with a T-shirt and ripped jeans with a sweater along with some sneakers to wear out, I skip to my room excitedly and slip on the clothes that I've been longing to wear for ages. I walk out with a huge dopey grin on my face as I meet up with Melissa to leave. She leads me to the front door and I step outside for the first time in months. I breathe in the cool and crisp air as I sigh in relief, "okay you head back home and I need to get Toby ready for his bail." Melissa said with a grin.
I nod and walk home, it only took about 20 minutes so I guess I was close to home this entire time. Who knew? I enter my house for the first time in months and breathe it all in, I sigh with glee as I run up to my room and lay on my fluffy bed and sigh in bliss at how comfortable it is compared to the Radley bed I was sleeping on. I take it all in for a good 20 minutes before I hear the door close downstairs and Melissa calling me, I immediately shoot up like a bullet and my heart raced a mile a minute. "Spencer,   Toby's here!"

A\N ( Hey guys! I decided to write another chapter today, and I stopped it on a cliffhanger for the most fluffy chapter coming next 'Reunited'!!! I can't wait to write the chapter and I hope you will like it! It might include some smut but I'm not sure yet, I'll think about that later. But for now here's your part hope you all like it! Xoxo Natalia❤️️)