Beaten, Broken, and Bruised

No, this can't be happening, not now! I sigh dejectedly because I knew what was coming, I couldn't stop it. I look up into Toby's worried eyes, "I'm sorry, I have to go." I say shakily. I start to walk away but Toby grabs on to my wrist and pulls me back hugging me protectively, I struggle against his grasp "Toby... please let me go, I have to go home!" I cry against his neck, "I'm not letting them touch you." He said in almost a growl, Melissa pulled me from Toby, "I'm sorry Toby but if she doesn't go now it could be way worse." She says seriously and then my heart stopped completely. worse? How could it be worse?!
Toby sighs dejectedly and he lets me leave but before I do I run up and kiss him on the lips like it's my last kiss forever. He holds me for a while before letting me go with tears in his eyes as I mouth the words "I'm sorry." As I run to Melissa's car and hop in. "Melissa... whatever happens to me I want you to know that you are the best sister ever and I wouldn't trade you for anyone else, you are the mother I never had and I love you." I say genuinely and Melissa starts to cry while driving.
"I don't want anything to happen to you Spencer, I feel the same way about you... except the mother part." She chuckles sadly brushing the tears away.
I chuckle as well as we sit in silence tears filling our eyes.
~*~
We reached the dreaded house where here would be a world of pain and I was ready. I walk out of the car confidently and walk up to the door that I hesitate to open. When I turn the handle I smell the bitter alcohol and I hear the rustling of papers from their office and everything stops when they see me. They stand up and stagger over to me, I waited for the hitting and beating to begin and I unwillingly gave into the pain. My mom came and slapped my face and clawed at my chin making me bleed, my dad kicked me in my ribs making me collapse without air, they pulled my hair until some came out and knocked me into the wall and a few tables banging my head making it bleed as I lay on the floor sobbing "stop...please I'm sorry!" I yell and plead but it never worked.
I had bruises all over my body when they were finally done, I couldn't breathe and I feel like they broke something but I couldn't go to a doctor because Melissa and I would be out living by ourselves. Melissa ran up to me holding my aching body as I bled out, "you need to go to the hospital Spencer!" Melissa sobbed, "you know I can't." I croak out in barely a whisper. "We'll lie say you got jumped." Melissa said panicking at the blood and bruises. I gave in and simply nodded my head as Melissa helped me up. We staggered to the car and I laid down in the backseat and closed my eyes trying to forget about what just happened.
~*~
We were brought into the hospital immediately and I was given a room after they inspected me and were able to give me a diagnosis. Melissa called Toby when I was admitted and he was literally speeding here as we spoke. Soon enough Toby came bursting through the door and running up to me. "Spencer, oh my god!" He exclaimed, he examined my body carefully with his hands as I cried on his shoulder, as he held me gently. Then the doctor came in with my diagnosis, Toby held my hand tight as he said what was happening and what was wrong with me.
   "Ok Miss. Hastings, you say you were jumped by thugs in an ally way correct?" He peered over his glasses looking skeptical. I nod my head and he continues slipping his glasses back on fully, "ok, surprisingly you have no broken bones or ribs but you were very close Miss. Hastings. You got lucky." He said smirking. But I'm not sure if you've had any symptoms for this one or if you knew but in the ultrasound for us to see if we found any broken ribs we found something you're going to want to know about." He said getting serious, oh god, I feared for the worst like I had cancer, something got punctured, I'm dying. Anything.

"Am I-" he stopped me mid sentence, "no! No nothing like cancer and you didn't puncture anything and you're not dying, it's something else." The doctor started. "What do you mean?" Melissa questioned glaring at the doctor. "We found a baby in your stomach Spencer, you're pregnant."

A.N ( Hey guys! Sorry guys I couldn't resist writing this chapter😂, and I know some of the stuff like the 'ultrasound' isn't correct but it went with the plot so just roll with it😂. And there's the cliffhanger, I'm evil I know😈😂. Xoxo Natalia❤️️)