I Will Always Protect You

My heart stopped and wouldn't kickstart, I was pregnant?! How can that be?! I guess the saying 'it only takes one time.' Is true, I just stare at the doctor in shock along with Toby and Melissa trying to comprehend what he was saying. "The baby is 3 days old, congratulations!" He says with a smile as he walked out of the room. Toby's jaw was to the floor in shock and so was Melissa's. I touch my stomach carefully and glide my fingertips along it, I was only 16 I can't be a mom, not now. Not with the family I have, they would hurt it, and what about Toby? How does he feel about this? I looked up at him and his eyes glide from my face to my stomach, his face still in shock but he does something I would have never expected to happen. He leans down on one knee and glides his hand along my stomach tickling me along with every touch.
"What are we going to do?" He said his voice cracking, "I don't know Toby I'm 16 and with my family-" Melissa cuts me off mid sentence and looks me straight in the eyes, "Spencer listen to me okay? Do you love Toby?" "Of course I do!" I exclaim, "do you want this baby?" I hesitate to answer but I shyly nod my head yes. She smirked and turned to Toby "Do you want this baby?" She says seriously looking him straight in the eyes, he looked like a deer in headlights then looked to me and smiled "of course I do." "Then it's settled! You're having a baby, and don't worry about your age and the family Spencer, they don't have to know for now okay?" She turns back to me holding my hand. I squeeze her hand and hug her gratefully. "Thank you." I whisper in her ear.
****************
1 Week later...
~*~
I sat in my room rubbing my belly as Toby sat on the red chair across from me smiling at me as I just held my stomach smiling. My parents went away on another business trip and wouldn't be back for at least 3 months, thank god! So Toby stayed over each night as we talked about the future with our little baby. Melissa met another doctor at the hospital I was at and they really hit it off, now their dating. His name was Wren Kingston, he has a British accent and he loves Melissa very much. Melissa is on a date with him right now so Toby and I were alone for I don't know how long.
"How about these... if it's a girl Audrey and if it's a boy William?" I suggested, Toby rolled his eyes "how about if we have a girl Jessica and if it's a boy Nathan?" He suggested. I actually liked those names honestly. "I like those but I also love Audrey, it's like Audrey-Jane." He chuckles "all right if it's a girl we'll name her Audrey-Jane or how about Claire?" Claire. I loved it, it was a beautiful name suitable for a little girl. "That's perfect!" I exclaim jumping onto him and hugging him in a tight embrace. "Spence... can't... breathe!" Toby said playfully as I let go of him smiling "sorry."

"It's okay, so have we got our names now?" Toby said hopeful, I nod my head as he leans in to kiss me passionately then leans down to my stomach and kisses it gently, "I love you both." He say putting his hand on my stomach making me blush. "We love you too." I say hugging him in another tight embrace. "Spencer, Toby you home?" Melissa called from downstairs shutting the door, Toby and I got up and ran downstairs to be faced by Melissa and Wren, I've never seen him before, he had short wavy brown hair, soft small brown eyes and a nice smile. Melissa smiled widely "Spencer I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Wren." He put out his hand and I shook it in a firm handshake "Hi I'm Spencer." I say sweetly, "Wren this is Spencer's boyfriend Toby Cavanaugh." She says warmly. Wren smiles and extends his hand out for Toby, Toby gladly takes it "Hey man, You have a nice woman here. Treat her right." Toby smiled at Melissa as she mouthed "thank you."
I gushed at Toby's affection towards Melissa like they were best friends, I smiled and pecked him on the cheek. He blushed and held my hand, his eyes roaming to my stomach. "I told Wren about your baby too Spence, I hope that's okay." Melissa said innocently, "that's fine I'm already like 1 week and a day." I chuckle. "Is it yours Toby?" Wren asked and Toby shot him a duh look, and I had to hold back laughter with my fist pressed against my mouth. Wren saw and laughed "Sorry mate, stupid question." Toby laughed and everyone else in the room did as well.
"Well, I'm going to stay at Wren's tonight, I'm meeting his family since we've been dating for a while. So I just came to tell you you'll have the house to yourself tonight." Melissa gave me a wink and I blushed looking away. "Ok, have fun." I say as they walk out the door. Toby comes up behind me and hugs me by my waist resting his chin on on my shoulder, "so what do you want to do?"

A.N( Hey guys! I finished my homework at school so I have a lot of time on my hands so I will upload at least another part or two so stay tuned! Xoxo Natalia❤️️)