Part 30

I was walking in the park and looking around at all the little kids running around and then at the people throwing the frisbee. Also at the couples walking and riding bikes. I sighed and looked through the trees as Hunter snapped her fingers. 

"Hello I was talking to you." I looked at Hunter and she smiled at me looping her arm through mine as we continued to walk. 

"I was trying to tell you that I can be by myself Hunter you don't have to accompany me everywhere I'm fine." I told her and she pouted and let go of me. I looked at er and then at the park. 

" Okay Okay." She says and looks at the line of shops outside the park. 

"If you need me I'll be at that antique store trying to find something for Dillions momma." I nod as she smiles and skips off. I was with Angel last week who did the same thing she did. Try to make sure everything was okay with me before he left to go see his girlfriend some states away. I walked through the park and walked to the kiddy part where you seen moms on phones looking like business women and then the ones that are right next to their kids and dads that watched from a distance or pushed them on the swing. And then their was one kid that stood out to me. She was sitting alone on a swing barely swinging. 

She looked about 5 or 4 and she just sat their on that swing

She looked about 5 or 4 and she just sat their on that swing. Dragging her foot in the mulch. I frowned looking around and couldn't find anyone looking for her or looking after her. So by instinct I was walking towards her. 

"Um excuse me?" I asked her and she looked up at me. I gave her a warm smile and pointed to the seat next to her. "This somebody sitting here?" I asked and she looked over and then shook the poof balls on her head. I sat next to her and sat my purse on the ground next to me. Her head dropped back down and she watched her foot drag in the mulch again. 

"What's your name?" I asked and she looked up at me and just stared for a second I didn't think she was going to say anything until... 

"Betty says if I talk to strangers I will get a whoopin." She says and it shocked me from how young she sounded and how she said she got whooped when she looked so young and fragile. 

"Well my name is Samira and I just turned 18 a couple weeks ago. My favorite color is olive green and my favorite food is probably chicken nuggets." I tell her and she just watches me talk. "And between you and me. I hate peanut Butter." I whispered like it was a big secret and she smiled a little. 

"Me too." She says and I smile. 

"See so you know a lot about me so now were not strangers." I tell her and she nods. 

"My names Zamaea, Im 4." She says and my heart skips a beat as I look up from he and look around. 

"Wheres your mom Zamaea?" I ask her and she looks up then points up. 

"In heaven with grandma and my brother Zizi. They were in my house when it was on fire." She says and my mouth drops open. Oh my god. "It's okay." She says and I give her a nice smile.