Strict Daddy

TENNESSEE BLUES: STRICT DADDY
Chapter two

The following day (4:23pm)

"It's very predictable. You know what she did last night?" Justin sat at the table in The Hideaway talking to Trace, as well as his sister Terri who sat beside him. "She calls me and apologizes. I asked, why are you apologizing to me? And she says, because I know how hard it was for you to watch that." He mocked. Terri broke out laughing. "I'm serious. I hung up on her AND I deleted her friggin' number from out of my phone."

"Wow. That was very arrogant of her." Terri spoke, taking a sip of her Coca-Cola. "I never thought she was that pretty though."

"I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders. "She let her looks get the best of her. And she loved money so much. It's ridiculous."

"Who doesn't love money?" Terri asked hilariously.

"You women go to the extreme. I don't love money. I just know that I need it to survive. I don't go on shopping sprees and shit. I use my money wisely. I told you I'm saving up for a condo." He glanced at his watch. He'd been sitting there for thirty minutes waiting for Beyoncé's arrival but she didn't show yet.

"You expecting someone?" He looked up to lock eyes with Trace's. "You've been looking at the watch the whole time since we've been here." He chuckled softly.

"No. Just..."

"Hey." He quickly looked away to gaze at Beyoncé who stood by the table with books in her hands. "Sorry I'm late. I had to stay after class to take some notes." She explained.

"Oh no problem." He slid aside, allowing her to take a seat beside him.

"Oh...I see." Trace spoke with a teasing smirk.

"Shut up, ass wipe." He looked away to gaze at Beyoncé who was busy flipping through pages in her text book. "So, what are you reading there?" He asked, taking a good look at the cover of the book.

"I'm studying for an exam next week. I'm so nervous. I've been doing good so far but..."

"Then you should continue doing well." She gawked to the side to meet his gaze. "You seem pretty smart." She blushed slightly.

"Thank you." Trace sat there eying the two closely. He could tell Justin was interested in her. As well as Beyoncé. She couldn't stop blushing whenever he said something nice to her. "It can be overwhelming sometimes."

"I understand. I'll try not to bother you while..."

"Um..." She bit her lip in thought. "It's okay. I'm just taking some notes right now." She kept her gaze in her book, flipping her hair back from out of her face. He continued to sit there, observing her every move. There was just something about her that kept his attention. She was beautiful; smart and just different then any of the other girls he dated. Quite shy too.