Stay

TENNESSEE BLUES: STAY
Chapter nine

"I will be home later. I have to stay a few hours to study for my exam." Beyoncé spoke to her sister over the phone. "I just don't want you to worry. You don't have to wait up for me. I'll be there as soon as I can. Okay. Bye." She pressed the END button, sitting the cordless phone on the coffee table.

"Everything okay?" She looked away to gaze at Justin who took a seat beside her with two glasses of punch in his hands.

"Yes." He handed her one of the glasses. "Thank you. My throat is parched." She took the glass, gulping down a portion of it. "Mmm." He watched her sit the glass on the table.

"How are you feeling? Nervous?" She looked away to meet his gaze. "If you wanna go home now, I will take you. I don't wanna make you feel like you HAVE to be here right now. I don't wanna pressure you."

"I wanna be here." He watched her slide closer to him. "I like being with you. I feel so alive and..."

"Are you comfortable around me?" She bit her lip, never taking her eyes off him.

"Yes. You're the only person I'm comfortable around." He reached out, brushing her cheek nimbly.

"Good." She took it upon herself to lock lips with his.

"Mmm." She moaned softly between his lips. "I love you." He pulled back to peer in her eyes, a smile leisurely forming across his lips.

"I love you too." He met lips with hers once more while attaching his arms to her waist. She didn't know what came over her. All she could remember was climbing in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck as they continued kissing. "We should stop." He suggested, parting lips with hers.

"I don't want to." She leaned in to kiss him once again.

"Bee..." He pulled away. "I know this feels right at the moment but...I just don't want you regretting this in the end. I don't want you to move fast. If you're sure, I mean positive that this is what you want then..."

"I was thinking about what you said at school earlier. About how I should give up my virginity to someone I love. You were right. I shouldn't have to wait for marriage. I see a lot of people marry and they don't even love each other but I know in my heart that I love you. My love for you is stronger than anything. It scares me because I've never felt this way before. I'm so comfortable around you. I trust you. And..." She bit her lip in thought.

"I just want you to be sure. Like I said..."

"I've never been so sure in my life." He peered in her stern eyes. "I love you." She wrapped her arms around him, resting her head in the creek of his neck. "I know you just want what's best for me. And I understand. I really love you so much for that." Hearing those words made him feel blessed. Finally he found someone who loved him for HIM and not for their personal use. Like his ex did.