The Emancipation Of BEYONCÉ

TENNESSEE BLUES: THE EMANCIPATION OF BEYONCÉ
Chapter eighteen

"You can't do this." Tina stood in her living room, watching the two cops as well as the detective look around the place.

"We have an order from Judge Leonard." Detective Mills implied.

"We checked all of the bedrooms upstairs. No sign of her daughter." Another cop spoke, ambling down the stairs.

"We still haven't checked the basement." Detective Mills looked away to meet eyes with Tina. "Show us to the basement, Misses Knowles." Her heart begin to race like lightning.

"I can't. It's...Matthew's work area. He doesn't allow me to go in there." She lied. "He even locks it up."

"Find the key and unlock it. Otherwise, we won't hesitate to break the door down." She inhaled sharply, her eyes scanning the four guys as she tried to come up with something.

"Okay. If you insist." They all watched her amble up the stairs.

"Go with her." Detective Mills instructed one of the cops.

Matthew remained on the basement floor, blood oozing out of his leg nonstop. "You're losing a lot of blood." Beyoncé spoke, crawling over to him. "You should let me help you."

"Stay away from me!" He raised his voice, watching her back up instantly.

"I just...I just wanna help. You will die if you don't put some pressure on it." All she wanted to do was have some freedom but things had to come this far. "Why don't you love me?" She asked, tears slowly building up in her eyes. "I've been the perfect child. I respected you. I've never done anything to embarrass you. Why? Why do you hate me?" He laid his head back against the floor, looking up at the ceiling. "Of course. You won't answer the question." She sniffled, tears rolling down her face. "I won't do this anymore, daddy. When I leave here, I'm taking Solange."

"Not over my dead body." He spoke, lifting his head to peer in her eyes. "And you're not going anywhere."

"I won't STAY here. You can't do this to me anymore!!" She spoke angrily. "My boyfriend is looking for me right now. Unlike you, he actually loves me. It's ashamed by on FLESH AND BLOOD doesn't."

"You better check your tone, young woman." He threatened. "You remember who you're talking to." She looked away, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Her whole body was going through some serious pain. And not only that, she was weak from not eating. She could've passed out at any minute. But she couldn't. She knew if she did, she probably would never wake back up. "I gotta find a way out of here." Matthew watched her use the sofa to help climb to her feet. "Ow." She placed her hand on her throbbing head. Everything was spinning around her. "Mmm." She kept her balance by holding onto the sofa.