Down South

TENNESSEE BLUES: DOWN SOUTH
Chapter twelve

Three that morning...

"No. Please don't. I'm sorry." Justin fluttered his eyes open to a dimmed room. "I said I was sorry. I won't do it again. I promise." He sat up, gazing at Beyoncé who stirred in bed. "I love him, daddy."

"Bee?" He called but he didn't get an answer. Was she really talking in her sleep, he thought.

"Nooo." He heard the moment he laid back down. He quickly shot up, his eyes focusing in on her. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She cried.

"Bee?" He stood up and ambled towards the bed. "Baby?" He called, shaking her gently but she remained asleep. "Justin...help me, please."

"I'm here." He sat on the bed beside her. "Bee?" She finally fluttered her eyes open to stare at him. "Hey."

"Justin?" She quickly sat up. "What are you doing in my room?" He flashed her a confused look.

"You're at my house, remember?" Her eyes lit up that instant. "You okay?"

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." She rested her palm against her forehead. "I...I was dreaming. I'm sorry if I woke you."

"No. It's fine." He brushed her hair back from out of her face. "I'm gonna lay back down." He suggested, standing to his feet. "I'm right here if you need me, okay?"

"Don't." She held onto his hand, stopping him in his tracks. "Lay with me. Please."

"Bee..." He hesitated. For one, he kept saying no to her all day. And he didn't want to say it again. "All right." She slid over, allowing him to lay behind her on the twin bed. They both laid in the spooning position with his arm wrapped around her. "Um..." He shut his eyes, trying so hard not to think of anything besides sex.

"Justin?"

"Yeah?"

"Was I too loud? I mean...dreaming."

"Well..." He bit his lip in hesitation. "Just a little. Not that loud though." He was really enjoying the touch of her butt pressing up against him. If he kept focusing on that, he knew something was bound to happen between them. "Why don't you go back to sleep? I'll lay here with you."

"Okay." She shut her eyes, trying to focus on getting back to sleep but for some reason--she was having a hard time. "Justin?" He fluttered his eyes open, automatically gazing in on the back of her head.

"Yes?" She removed his arm from around her and rolled over on her other side to face him. She then peered in his dark blue eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked, searching her face.

"I don't ever wanna leave here. But I'm afraid of staying. I'm not sure if that even makes sense. I..."

"It makes perfect sense." She slid closer to him. "You don't know what to do. Not only that. You're afraid of what MIGHT happen." She bit her lip, never taking her gaze off him. "Why don't you get some rest. The sun will be up before you know it." He leaned in, pecking her on the lips.