Breaking Point

TENNESSEE BLUES: BREAKING POINT
Chapter thirteen

Moments later

"What the hell is going on? Him again?" Matthew ambled towards the two. "What are you doing out here? Why aren't you inside with your sister? You know she CALLED me crying because she thought you were kidnapped?" Justin held his head down, laughing pathetically. "And why are you laughing? You find something funny?"

"Uh as a matter-of-fact, I do." He answered, looking up to meet his gaze. "If you must know, your daughter was with me. All night." Hearing that really ticked him.

"Go inside, Beyoncé. Now." She attempted to walk off but Justin grabbed her arm--holding her back.

"She's staying with me." He flashed him a surprised look. "I let you take her before but I won't this time."

"It's not your choice."

"And it's not yours." He took a step forward.

"If you don't let my daughter go, I will..."

"What?" He asked, moving in closer. "You can't possibly think this macho attitude of yours will work on me. You don't scare me. I promised to protect Bee from you and I will do just that. So you need to turn around and go back inside because she's not going ANYWHERE with you." He reached out for Beyoncé but Justin quickly stepped in front of her, blocking his path. "Don't fuck with me, Mister Knowles."

"Do you know who I am? I can have you LOCKED up..."

"Well then do it. And I won't hesitate to tell them how you abuse your daughter. How you lock her away in the basement like some animal."

"Ha-Ha." He laughed pathetically. "And you think they will actually believe you over me?" He looked back to stare at Beyoncé

"Get in the car." She stood there, hesitating as she gazed back and forth at the two. "It's okay. He can't hurt you. I won't let him."

"I..." She gulped down, finally keeping her gaze on Justin. "I have to go with him."

"No you don't. You..."

"You don't understand. He will come after me."

"Then let him. You don't have to go back with him. He doesn't OWN you. He may make things seem that way but it's not. You have a right to leave." She moved in closer, tears slowly forming in her eyes.

"I love you, Justin. But I have to go back." She leisurely leaned in, pecking him on the lips. "I will be fine. I promise." She whispered, pulling back to gaze in his eyes.

"Bee, you don't have to do this." He watched her amble towards her father. "Bee? He's gonna hurt you if you go back."

"Young man, go back home." Matthew spoke as him and his daughter proceeded down the sidewalk.