We've Only Just Begun

TENNESSEE BLUES: WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

Chapter ten

Moments later

"I can't leave. Not now. I need more time." Justin held his head down in disappointment. "I'm sorry. If you wanna break up with me then do what you have to do. I don't blame you. We can still be friends." He looked up to peer in her eyes.

"I don't wanna break up. And you know, maybe you're right. I shouldn't be pressuring you about this right now. I do think we should wait a bit longer. I don't want you to rush into this whole virginity thing. Right now, I think you're just going through a faze. We can wait. I'm not going anywhere." She moved in closer, attaching her arms to his waist.

"Thank you."

"Sure." He spoke, running his hand over her hair. "Why don't you go home and wait till twelve that way you can come back when your sister is asleep."

"Okay."

"I'll take you." He unlocked his car doors with the remote in his hand and pulled the passengers door open for her.

Two hours later (6:23pm)

"Make sure you wash up. You don't want mom and dad complaining." Beyoncé spoke to her sister Solange who stood in front of the sink.

"Bee..." She began, turning to face her.

"Yep." She answered, looking up from the table.

"I know I haven't been a good sister lately." She ambled towards her. "Mom and dad forces me to tell on you." She whispered, gazing around the room as if she was searching for something.

"What's wrong?" She asked, following her eyes.

"Nothing. Just...know that I don't mean the things I do." She watched her head back to the sink with a suspicious look on her face. Something wasn't right. How she looked around as if they were being watched. Her eyes immediately lit up in shock. That's when it hit her. Her parents put cameras in the house. They ACTUALLY hooked up cameras to watch them.

"Solange, what's going on?" She asked, standing to her feet.

"Nothing." She answered, never looking up from the sink.

"Something IS going on. Did they put cameras in here?"

"Shhh." She quickly hushed her. "Don't talk too loud. They will hear you."

"I'm going to my room." She turned and rushed out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. When she made it to her room, she shut the door and hopped in bed, covering herself with the blanket. She then pulled out the cell phone Justin gave her from out of her pocket and powered it on.

"I just came to apologize for the way I behaved the other day." His ex-girlfriend stood on his porch. "I should've been more supportive. Especially after all of the things you've done for me."