Under Lock and Key

TENNESSEE BLUES: UNDER LOCK AND KEY
Chapter seventeen

"Calm down, Jay." April suggested, reaching out for Justin. "We will..."

"How can I calm down? Bee is missing. And I know that crazy ass father of hers is responsible. You saw him! He was harassing her earlier. He has a restraining order on him but no. That didn't stop him. Crazy fuck." He took a seat on the sofa, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. "I don't know what to do anymore. This guy won't stop until he's dead."

"What about that detective? Is he gonna stop by the house to see if she's there?"

"That's the thing." He looked up to meet her gaze. "He did stop by the house and that asshole denied her being there. I KNOW she's there. This isn't like her to just up and leave like this. I mean, we had plans. There was NO way she would do this."

"I..." She took a seat next to him, finding herself lost of words. "I don't know what to say. I'm sure we'll find her."

"Yeah that's if she's still alive. Her father doesn't want her to be happy. He would do ANYTHING just to prevent that from happening." He could feel his eyes slowly building up with tears. "I'm gonna lose her, April. I just know it."

"Don't say that." She wrapped her arm around him, holding him firmly. "We will find her. I promise." A tear slowly rolled down his cheek. "I've never seen you like this." She reached up, wiping the tear from his face. "I didn't know you cared so much for her. I know it's hard to be positive right now. Especially after this guy showed up at the restaurant trying to cause trouble. But I think Bee is stronger now. I don't think she will let him do whatever he wants this time."

"But it may not be in her control. He could've drugged her or tied her up. Who knows? And he's much more stronger than her physically. I just...I don't wanna lose her. This isn't the way to lose the person you love. I was gonna give her everything. I was gonna show her the world but how can I..." He held his head down, his eyes tearing up once more.

"I promise she will be okay. Just have hope." He glanced at his watch that read two in the morning.

"We were supposed to be at the hotel right now. The detective said he's putting surveillance on the house. So there should be some cops sitting outside the house as we speak. They don't have a warrant to go inside so..." He sniffled, wiping at his damp eyes. "This isn't fare."

"Nothing's ever fare."

Nine in the morning...

Beyoncé fluttered her eyes open, immediately gazing around the room to realize where she was. The basement? What the hell was she doing in the basement? She quickly sat up, feeling this pounding sensation in her head. "Ow..." She rested her palm against her forehead. She had a major headache but she didn't understand why.