Our First Kiss

TENNESSEE BLUES: OUR FIRST KISS
Chapter five

Two weeks later

Justin and Beyoncé had been keeping in contact by texting over the phone. She surprisingly was able to keep the phone hidden away at home. Most of the time, they would chat while she was at school or when her parents left for work.

During the past few weeks, they seemed to be getting close. They hadn't seen each other since that day at the school but they found another way to keep in contact.

Justin slid from underneath his car and sat up. He had just finished installing a new oil filter and now all he had to do was fill up his engine with oil. He happened to look up to gaze at his neighbor from across the street. She was a young college student as well and also a former friend. The two of them used to hang out a lot when they were younger but they grew apart from one another as they got older.

He stood up, grabbing the cloth from off the hood of his car and wiping at his hands with it. Beyoncé. Her pretty face had popped up in his head. She was only a few blocks away from him and it really sucked because he couldn't even go see her if he wanted to. At this point in time, she was still in school. His eyes lit up that instant.

Beyoncé sat outside on a nearby bench flipping through her notes and eating a disgusting sandwich that her mother made when she her a buzz sound. She quickly unzipped one of the compartments to her back pack and pulled out the phone.

Justin
Hey, are you still at school?

She quickly sat her sandwich aside and texted him back.

Beyoncé
Yes. I'm eating lunch. Y?

Justin
I told you how much I miss you?

She bit her lip, blushing slightly as she begin to text him back.

Beyoncé
I miss you too. I wish I could see you.

Justin
Well you can. Look up.

She quickly looked up, gazing around the campus. Her eyes finally landed on a familiar guy standing against his car, waving at her. Her heart skipped a beat that instant. Oh how happy she was to see him BUT nervous at the same time.

She grabbed her things and stood up, ambling towards the familiar guy standing out on the parking lot. His smile never faded as he watched her approach him. "Hey." He spoke the first word, his eyes scanning her.

"Hey." She replied, blushing massively. "What are you doing here?"

"Um...well I was changing the oil in my car and suddenly...your beautiful face popped up in my head. I really needed to see you. I keep trying to picture your face and the expressions you would make when we text. It's the only thing keeping me sane right now." Her heart begin to race when she noticed the serious look on his face. In so little time, it felt like they became closer than ever. "I hope you're not upset about me being here..."