Innocent Until Proven...

TENNESSEE BLUES: INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN...
Chapter twenty-one

A month later

Beyoncé looked up from the bar to stare at a familiar guy entering the restaurant. She had been working at The Hideaway for two weeks now. Going to school in the morning and working six hours afterwards. The handsome guy approached her with a grin on his face. "Hey there." He spoke, leaning against the bar--his eyes still glued to her.

"You missed me already? It's only been..." She glanced at the clock on the wall. "...two hours."

"I know. You forgot the shop is right up the street? I'm hungry."

"Hmm so I'm guessing you want me to feed you?" She spoke teasingly.

"Make him pay." April joked while walking pass him with a tray of food. "No more free food."

"Hey...you remember who fixed that alternator AND AC for you. FREE of charge." He mentioned, putting his gaze back on Beyoncé who was busy preparing a glass of beer. "Any way, I'm gonna go have a seat. I'll be waiting for you." She watched him turn and head towards the specific table.

"Boyfriend?" She quickly looked away to gaze at a guy sitting at the bar a few chairs away from her.

"Um...yeah." She continued with what she was doing, feeling the pair of eyes burning a hole into her.

"You love him?" Was this guy serious? She slowly looked up to meet his gaze.

"That's none of your business." After making a few alcoholic beverages, she sat them at a table of guys sitting by the window. She then approached Justin who remained seated while talking on the phone.

"Yep. Just have her come in and hook it up to the machine." She took a seat across from him. "Yeah. Let me call you back." He ended the call, sitting the phone on the table. "What are you doing all the way over there?" She rolled her eyes playfully and stood up, taking a seat next to him. "That's more like it. So..." He looked away to gaze at her. He could tell something was bothering her by the look on her face. She seemed worried and depressed. "You still thinking about that trial?" She looked away, nibbling on her bottom lip in thought.

"Tomorrow they're gonna put me on the stand. I'm so nervous. I mean, these are my parents we're talking about. What if they don't go to prison? What if they release them? You know what my father will do to me for testifying against him? God...this is so nerve wrecking." She ran her hands over her hair in frustration.

"You will be fine. Just tell them what you know. They tried to kill you. That's the truth!" She gawked to the side to meet his gaze. "You don't have to be afraid to testify against your parents when they were wrong. They abused you for your whole life! They need to be put away." She released a soft sigh. "Don't stress yourself over this. Tomorrow you will go on the witness stand as well as I. We will tell them what happened."