By Your Side

TENNESSEE BLUES: BY YOUR SIDE
Chapter six

The following day

Beyoncé ambled towards Justin who stood out on the parking lot against his car. "There's a problem." He watched her pull the phone from out of her back pack. "I accidentally dropped the phone in the toilet. I did it out of panic. My mom was barging in the bathroom as I was talking to you so the only thing I could think of was dropping it in the toilet. I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. Don't even sweat it." He took the damaged phone from her. "I'll get you another one." He spoke, peering in her eyes. "Are you okay?" She nodded, slowly moving in closer to him.

"I'm fine." She wrapped her arms around him, resting her head against his chest. His eyes lit up in surprise because he didn't expect this from her. "I really look forward to coming to school now." She lifted her head to gaze at him. "I hope I didn't worry you. I'm sure you've been trying to contact me but..."

"I have but...as long as you're okay. I'll get you another one." He skimmed her back soothingly while peering in her eyes. She stood there, blushing massively. "You seem a bit...happy today."

"I am. You're the reason why."

"I am?" She nodded yes.

"I'm really glad we met. I don't even know how I..." She looked away, biting down on her lip in thought. "I was thinking about what you said yesterday. You know, about me sneaking out at night."

"Have you decided?"

"Um..." He brushed a few strains of her hair back from out of her face. "I thought about it and...I'm thinking about doing it. BUT I'm so afraid I will get caught. My parents were going to a convention center next week for a few days..." His eyes lit up instantly.

"That's perfect. You can do it then."

"I know. I just..." He noticed the look on her face. She still didn't look too excited about it.

"You're still afraid? Bee..." He sighed heavily. "What could they possibly do to you while they're away? Where is this convention center any way?"

"Back home."

"They're going back to Texas. This is some really good news, Bee."

"Yes but...my sister...I'm supposed to watch over her while they're gone. If she finds out I snuck out, she will tell on me." He looked away, shaking his head pathetically. "I'm not saying I won't try and attempt this. I could probably wait until she falls asleep. She doesn't stay up late any way."

"Okay." He met her gaze. "Do that. And in the meantime, I'll continue meeting you here. I will bring you another phone tomorrow. Oh wait...shit." He spoke in frustration. "There's no school tomorrow. Dammit. I won't be able to talk to you over the weekend."