Episode 02 | edited

Episode 02
"Death of a King"
Notice: edited 04.30.19

>>>

Saya's mind was elsewhere when the anonymous girl went to ride with her current 'master'.

She could still remember the days that she, Dao-Yi, Hiryuu, and the Dragon Warriors would shoot arrows and hunt game for fun. A pleasant memory from long ago.

A troubled sigh escaped from the goddess's mouth as she rode her temporary steed. Her head was a flurry of memories and random thoughts; a mess, really. So much so that she clumsily stumbled when her horse switched gaits into a quick trot.

Before she knew it, Saya was falling off her saddle and towards the dirt floor. She braced herself for the impact, flinching as her shoulder made contact with the floor. It wasn't too painful; she could manage.

(If you were expecting her to be caught by some dashing love interest... YOU'RE DEAD WRONG! I HATE THAT CLICHE THE MOST MWUAHAHA)

"Saya!" Su-won bursted out with worry. "A-are you alright?"

Hak made his way over, steering his horse in her direction before stopping in front of her. "Here," he said, offering his hand to her.

Graciously, Saya clasped her fingers around the general's outstretched hand, pulling herself up with his support. Once off the ground, she dusted the dirt off her clothes and legs, smoothing the fabrics of her skirt as a finishing touch.

"Thank you-" Saya's cheeks colored as she turned her face to meet Hak. His own face was unbelievably close to the goddess, to the point where their noses almost touched.

"Oh... uh, sorry?" Hak replied, pulling his face away. His pretty ocean-blue eyes fixed themselves on an archery target nearby, unable to face the girl due to embarrassment. He hadn't meant to lean in so close, afterall.

Saya shook her head 'no', however. "It's fine, really. I was just caught of guard," she explained as she offered the 19 year-old a gentle smile.

Hak just nodded his head, grabbing the reins of Saya's horse and leading it back to her. Once in her possession, the goddess mounted the steed once more before kicking it to startup.

She rode with the group for a few more hours before they all tired out and decided to have lunch. Saya decided to have her lunch to go, however, thinking it would be more productive to get work done as she ate instead of intruding on their childhood-friend reunions

>>>

A Week Later

Saya and Kye-sook stood side-by-side in a large, open room dedicated to Princess Yona's 16th birthday party. It was a lively party with food, dancing, and plenty of chatter. Visitors from all around the kingdom travelled to attend the event, overflowing the castle with their numbers.

The two subordinates watched as servants laid out several trays of food on a buffet table, talking with other servants (no doubt gossiping about the latest news) while nobles sat around or danced. In general, everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Even Su-won, who normally remained neutral during parties, seemed to be enjoying himself as he partied with his childhood friends Hak and Yona.