Episode 08

E p i s o d e 08
White Snake

"White Dragon-sama!" The villagers wept as they stared at the steaming white claw with tiny burn marks on the scales.

"Fox Goddess-sama! What do we do?!" The village elder asked, his face wet with nervous sweat.

"Calm down! This is a perfectly normal reaction caused by the Dragon Blood that occupies the Hakuryuu's body!" Saya reassured, calming the dozens of concerned villagers who, in unison, gave a comical sigh of relief.

An hour passed when the White Dragon finally woke up which soothed the distressed mountain inhabitants.

Saya was the first one to greet his risen form, being given the opportunity since she was a goddess.

"Hello White Dragon..." she said softly, gazing at him ever so gently and staring at his scale encrusted claw. She took the white claw in her own hand and rubbed her thumb against the hard scales.

The White Dragon's face was now more of a rosy red as he stuttered to get out a reply.

"Y-You're really the Fox Goddess in the story?" He asked, taking in every detail of the immortal's beautiful face.

Saya nodded warmly, smiling. Her face crinkling as tears ran down her cheeks. "Why are you crying?!" Hakuryuu asked, worried he had messed things up.

Just as he attempted to reach over and comfort her, the white-haired goddess felt strong hands grasp on her shoulders. Turning around, she saw Hak with a face contorted in a sort of anger.

"Hak?" She said, wiping her tears. "Are you alright, Sae-Rin?" Asked a female voice. Saya turned her face once more and smiled when she saw Yona's worried expression.

"I-... I'm alright.. it's just that it's been so long since I last seen a Dragon Warrior.. don't worry my tears are joyous.." she told them cheerfully, brightening the White Dragon's expression.

"Enough about me, what is your name?" She asked, looking to the pale-skinned man with a dragon right hand.

The Hakuryuu paused for a moment, looking from the goddess to the red-haired princess before saying, "Kija... my name is Kija."

"That's a wonderful name, Kija." Yona said, taking Saya's place on the floor and beginning to talk with the silver-haired male.

The Fox Goddess got up from the floor and stood quietly next to Hak, silent observing the princess and Kija speaking.

After a moment, she broke the silence saying, "Oi, Hak, your too quiet. Are you feeling left out by the princess or something?"

Saya snickered at her own comment as the ex-General's aura began to dampen. "Of course not... Fox Girl..." the immortal went still, this time her own aura becoming dark, "I'm just being the kind and thoughtful person I am by giving Yona her space."

"Wow, how admirable of you Lightning Beast! At least you aren't getting shot down by the princess." The crimson-eyed Goddess retaliated, smiling as a tick mark began to form at the corner of her forehead.

"Haha, your so amusing..." Hak replied.

It was quiet for a moment before,

Thud

Yona, Yoon, Kija, and the entire White Dragon village turned their heads to the source of the loud sound and sweat-dropped when they saw Saya's leg in the air being countered with Hak's arm.

The two shook as they struggled to gain the lead in the fight but, in the end, had to jump away from each other before they lost their balance.

"Oh how I resent strong humans like you..." the immortal began, wiping a tiny amount of sweat from the corner of her mouth. "You guys make it so darn difficult to kill you.."

"Wouldn't that just mean you are weak?" Hak said, replying to her former statement.

The two glared at each other with an equal amount of malice before, surprisingly, the two began to laugh, using their knees as a support.

"Ah, Yona, you have a good guard." Saya said, totally recovering from her hateful state.

"You're not as shabby as I thought Fox Girl." The ex-general said, dodging as a clawed hand swung at his face, barely scratching it.

He quietly chuckled as still-warm blood ran down his cheek from the small horizontal wound.

"Now, shall we celebrate?" Saya said happily, rounding up all the wide-eyed villagers into the village's square.

Still confused, they began to prepare a feast but after a while they regained their composure and began to hang lanterns and white paper dragons around the trees.

[]~[]~[]

The Fox Goddess gobbled down all the food placed in front of her in as short as 10 minutes before she wandered off, away from the celebration into a secluded area.

She sat down on a mildly large rock that stood contently over a flowing brook.

Saya looked into the water's blue hue and burbling surface, deep in thought, when a strawberry-blonde 15-year-old sat next to her, startling the living daylights from her soul.

"What're you doing here Yoon?" She asked half heartedly.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that?" He replied, raising a skeptic brow.

The silverette exhaled slowly, severing her crimson gaze from the brook to her companion. "I guess I'm just surprised... I mean after over 1000 years I reunite with my friend's reincarnations? I guess my heart had grown weak over the years to be racing this quickly."

Yoon sighed, too.

"I'm sure this won't comfort you, but, my hearts racing too. This is the first time I've ever seen the world and the first thing I do is go on a quest with a red-haired princess, ex-General and Fox Goddess looking for dragon warriors?" The teenager seemed baffled by his own words. "The world is more incredible than I could ever imagine.."

"Yeah, it is, isn't it?" Saya replied, grinning. "Thanks, Yoon," she said, dusting off her clothes, "that helped more than you think it did. I appreciate it."

The immortal goddess placed one of her hand's on his shoulders, golden sparkles once again emitting from her body, and they clung to the strawberry-blonde fondly.

"I bless you with a happy life, Yoon."

The said teenager smiled before letting out a happy sigh. "C'mon we should go before the Thunder Beast becomes worried."

"Hak? Why would he be worried?" Saya said densely. (Though it wasn't too obvious in her defense.)

"Nothing. Never mind." Yoon said, nudging her off the rock.