Episode 25

Episode 25
'Cliff-Hanger'

>>>

"Hey, I'm not the only person that thinks this is crazy, right?" Saya deadpanned as she laid her eyes on the steep, narrow cliff that bordered the ocean. The salty blue waves beat on the sides of the cliff in a rhythmic manner, the heights of the waves varying in size.

"Can't I just do the trial for her?" The goddess pleaded with a pout.

Captain Gi-jang just shook her head and took another puff of smoke. "Ya tryin' to sabotage her or what? This is her trial to prove to me she's gon' be a useful lad durin' our missions. Don't embarrass her by giving her an easy way out."

Saya blushed with embarrassment as she muttered an apology.

"I'm alright," the princess smiled even as her legs shook with fear. "I'll definitely succeed!"

The albino just giggled at her, offering her a gentle hug as she said, "Of course. I'll be right here waiting for you with everyone else."

"Yeah, don't forget about us!" Yoon huffed, a faint blush on his cheeks.

Kija just continued to shake with worry. Honestly he looked like he could throw up any minute now. Take that back, he just did.

Hak shivered with disgust as the hakuryuu emptied the contents of his lunch onto the grass saying, "That's disgusting you White Snake!"

As Kija was continuously belittled by the ex-general, Shin-ah made sure to comfort the young man, patting him on the back silently but supportively.

>>>

Ten minutes had passed since Yona and Jae-ha began their journey to retrieve the cheonsu plants, and the group was already brimming with anxiety. Hak constantly watched the ledge with Shin-ah as Kija paced back and forth nonstop. Yoon sat on the grass while tapping his finger against his leg as Saya tapped her foot on the ground in an impatient manner.

"Oh stop yer worryin' ya wussies," Captain
Gi-jang said as she took another huff from her pipe. "But the waves are gettin' stronger. If the lads don't hurry it up they could be in for a lotta trouble."

Her words did little to nothing to help reassure Saya and the others. Actually, they were completely counterproductive and just made them even more anxious.

"I'm gonna go check on them," the goddess exclaimed as she made her way towards the cliff.

"I thought ya weren't gonna get involved."

With a sigh she shook her head. "I know, I won't interfere. I just need to make sure she's okay. I don't know what I'd do if she was in danger without me around."

The old woman assessed her up and down before shrugging. "Do what ya want, I won't stop you."

Saya beamed at her words.

"But, I'll only allow the lass to go. No one else ya hear?"

"Yes Captain!" The rest of the group shouted, a bit disappointed but relieved that Saya was going to make sure she was okay.