Episode 05 | edited

Episode 05
'Kouka's Priest'
edited on 7.9.19

>>>

Saya didn't know how it had come to this. Suddenly being cornered by a cliff by the Fire Tribe General's son, shifting in front of Hak and the princess, the fall...

She tried to recall from the beginning.

>>>

"Congrats Yona, you really pulled the strings there with Mr.Ex-General," Saya teased, mostly referring to the raven-black haired man behind her. He was emitting a dark aura as he glared at the back of her head.

Yona tilted her head to the side innocently. "Are you talking about Hak?" The girl was obviously too clueless- poor Hak.

"Haha, yeah that's who. But, y'know, you were pretty cool yourself, Thunder Beast." Saya smirked at him to which he returned by offering a distinct face of disgust.

"I don't want a compliment from you. I'd rather have someone beautiful say that to me."

The goddess scoffed. "How dare you. I'd say I'm the prettiest, most useful girl you've ever had the chance to lay your eyes on, stupid Hak!"

"As if! And what about you being useful? If I recall this right you just stood there watching the whole scene holding a handful of dumplings, piggy!" Hak retaliated, poking his finger at the white-haired female's forehead.

"Well I'm not trying to get in between your sappy childhood love affair, thank you very much."

"W-what?! That's not what that is and you know it. Stop joking around like that," the boy stuttered, a deep red blush embellishing his cheeks.

"How cute," was all Saya could think as she giggled at his embarrassment.

Yona laughed along with their jokes as well before commenting, "Y'know, I think Mundok and Hak are pretty alike."

"Mundok?" The goddess questioned. The name rang familiarly in her head but she wasn't quite able to pin down the reason why.

Hak sighed roughly. "My old man. And just the thought of being similar to him makes me want to barf."

"That's right," Saya thought as she began recalling old memories. The girl could remember years ago about a famous general named Mundok. He was a fierce warrior and dependable leader. She had caught a glimpse of him before when he was young and lively. But now...

She let out a tired breath as her thoughts reminded her she would never grow old and one day she'd outlive everyone she ever encounters. Everyone- perhaps even Hak, even Yona. She'd outlive them and they'd be gone and she'd never see them again and-

"Sae-Rin?" Yona asked, shattering the immortal's concentration.

"O-oh, I apologize for spacing out, I just tend to dig up old dirt a bit too much," Saya replied sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck as they walked through the mountains.

The red-haired princess nodded her head, recapturing the silence once more.

Saya tried hard to bring the atmosphere around the group back to normal but failed midway when she sensed footsteps in the distance.