Episode 17

Episode 17
'Dragon'

>>>

"I left her with the others outside of the town." Hak said, still in a state of subtle shock. He ran a large, calloused hand through his black locks, shaking his head side to side with an amused smirk adorning his face.

"They were worried about you, y'know. Where'd you even go?"

Saya let out a huff to disguise the growing redness spreading across her cheeks as her heart flushed with joy at the thought of her friends being concerned about her. It reminded her of her time with Hiryuu and the others.

"I was kidnapped in my sleep by two Sky Tribe warriors after my last survey around our campsite." She admitted, flicking off a particle of nonexistent dust from her shoulder as she surveyed behind Hak, locking her eyes onto the green dragon and the woman she had saved.

"You always seem to get into the most trouble." Hak mused, ruffling the top of Saya's head gently with his hand. The goddess glared at him for messing up her hair but replied, "If I don't deal with the trouble, who will?"

Hak paused for a moment, going eerily silent.

Saya's eyes shifted from the green dragon, who seemed to be listening in on their conversation, to the 19 year-old, catching the obvious switch of his demeanor.

"You know you can rely on us too. You aren't alone anymore and you're not obligated to do everything by yourself anymore." He paused again. "If you don't deal with the trouble, then I will. And I'm sure everyone else will help too."

Saya's lips tightened together as her eyes grew solemn. "... Thank you." She muttered, near-silent. "You saying that means a lot."

Hak just nodded before turning his head towards the green-haired man behind them.

"So... what's your deal?" He said, sizing the man up and no doubt deciding what course of action to take depending on what move he made next.

"Just a passerby helping out a damsel in need." The man said with a mischievous smile.

Saya wasn't amused. Instead, the immortal goddess stared down the green dragon with a piercing gaze, her eyes sharp as knives as she looked down on him even though he was much taller.

"What an interesting color your hair is, mister. Such a striking green."

The man gulped slowly, though he didn't back down even as his eyes showed the nervousness he was feeling behind his confident facade.

"Yes, it is, isn't it little miss? And what a beautiful silver your hair is." He said, grabbing a lock of it and holding it to his face. "Such a lovely albino you are."

Saya's smirk sent shivers down the spines of all present around her. It was curled upwards in a mischievous manner while her eyes seemed to portray the darkness that lingered inside her beautiful head. As if her eyes were death themselves.

"I prefer fox. A lovely fox, I am."

This time the man's gulp was more obvious. He turned towards the woman they had saved and sent her off with Hak, who, although protested at first, could read the atmosphere and left with the lady.

"Look, Little Miss, I don't know who or what you are, but I don't have time for you." The green dragon said carefully.

Saya just scoffed at him with a roll of her eyes. "You may not know what I am, but I know what you are." The man's brow rose. "Oh?" He said. "And what am I, exactly?"

"A dragon." Was all Saya said, her face void of any emotion besides deathly seriousness.

"And what makes you say that?"

"I can feel it. You can probably feel it too, can't you? That boiling in you blood. Especially in your leg."

The green dragon's eyes narrowed dangerously at Saya but his smirk was still in place. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

He had turned to leave, crouching slightly and ready to take off, when Saya lunged. Her small yet sturdy hands clasping around his forearm as she pulled his face closer to hers.

"My my, what an eager one you are." The man said. His voice was strained due to the pulsing pain in his forearm where the Fox Goddess had latched on.

"You may leave for now, but know that this won't be the last you see of me."