Episode 24

Episode 24
'Dao-yi'

>>>

"Oi! Ya gotta defeat 'em all, remember? Don't matter if yer all chummy with 'em or not," Captain Gi-jang announced from the railing above.

Dao-yi was flustered. "W-what? But Captain-!"

The young man was interrupted by a gentle hand on his shoulder. The hand, he realized, of his goddess. "Sae-rin-sama..."

"It's alright, Dao-yi. It's been so long so I'm wondering just how good you've gotten," she chuckled. "Won't you indulge me?"

The subordinate smiled up at his long lost master. "Of course. Anything for you."

>>>

"Hyah!"

The two fighters exchanged blow after blow, struggling to get leverage over the other. Saya would throw a right hook while Dao-yi evaded before sending her a roundhouse kick. The girl would proceed to block with her elbow before aiming a straight punch right for his face. Her hand made brief contact with his cheek before he feinted and jumped back.

"This is taking forever! Seriously, you're such a handful."

Dao-yi just chuckled at her comment replying with a, "I could say the same thing to you, Sae-rin-sama."

Suddenly, swift as an adder snake going in for the kill, Dao-yi used a push kick, knocking the immortal off balance and causing her to fall. As he approached for the finishing blow, Saya swept her feet in a circular motion, tripping the silverette before getting to her feet and placing her foot on his chest. A clear sign of victory.

"AHAH! I win!" Saya exclaimed proudly as her exhaustion began seeping in. "Now that the adrenaline is disappearing I'm suddenly getting so sluggish."

"... Tch..."

"What's wrong? Sore loser?" She stuck her tongue out at him in a playful manner.

"I haven't gotten beat like that in a long time. The reminder of it wasn't exactly that pleasant," he pouted.

Dao-yi carefully prodded at his sore cheek where Saya's hand had previously punched him. It was beginning to swell up but other than a few minor bruises here and there he was fine.

Saya pitied him for a moment before turning towards the railing where a certain someone had been observing her. "So? How did I do, Captain?" She smirked, a glint of pride shining in her eyes.

Captain Gi-jang chuckled. "Alright, ya idiots pass."

>>>

"I'm surprised. Didn't think ya would be much'a fighter with that small body if yers," the Captain mused. "Mighty fine fighter ya must be to take down one of my best."

Saya smiled at the compliment. "Thank you. Dao-yi's always been one of the best fighters I've known, so hearing that is a great honor for me."

The gang and pirates perked up at her statement.

"Do you guys perhaps know each other?" Yona inquired, her big eyes observing the two curiously. "Oh! Maybe you guys are past lovers?!"