Episode 03 | edited

Episode 03
"Reincarnation"
finished editing 06.27.19

>>>

Saya woke up from her nightmare about an hour or two later, gasping as cold sweat ran down the back of her neck and over her nape.

"Hiryuu!" she yelped. Frantically, the girl checked her surroundings only to see trees, trees, and more trees. Suddenly a sharp spear met her throat as well as a vibrant blue gaze.

"What the hell do you think you were doing?" Hak seethed but got no answer from the shaking immortal. His glare bore into her body leaving her vulnerable.

"I-I... I'm sorry- I just, I was just following orders."

"Is King Il... is he truly dead?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"So Lord Su-won could seize the throne."

Saya grimaced at the lightning beast's expression. His eyes were covered by his bangs and he was gritting his teeth. The guy was absolutely fuming.

"The hell, Su-won. What are you doing?" he said, distraught. Hak crouched close to the ground, one hand gripping his spear while the other ran through his raven locks. He seemed so confused and upset, it was a terrible sight.

"Why did you stop?" he asked in a low tone.

"Pardon me?"

"I said, why did you stop? Why didn't you kill me?"

Saya looked around the area, her eyes falling on the peacefully sleeping red-haired girl. "Her. She's... she's connected to someone very dear to me," the goddess mumbled, twiddling with her thumbs.

Hak raised a brow at her but the expression she gave him was clear. Don't ask about it.

"I'll come back to you later," he said, turning on his heel and making his way to the resting princess.

Saya relaxed a bit, resting her head on the trunk of the tree she was leaning on and allowing herself to slip into a deep sleep, unaware of the nightmares ahead of her.

>>>

"Hiryuu you look so pale..." Saya muttered quietly to her friend, her eyes crinkling in sadness.

Dao-yi and Zeno had accompanied her to the king's chamber room where he sat weakly, his body looking unbelievably frail.

Hiryuu just laughed softly. "That's only because of my age." The man patted the goddess's hair with a weak hand. "You worry too much, dear friend."

The Fox Goddess cringed as she saw the wrinkles under the previous crimson-dragon god's eyes and felt somewhat disgusted as she looked to herself, seeing her delicate, unblemished skin and healthy body.

"How can I not? You're growing old without me. Everyday you-" she sniffled. "You just continue to get weaker and weaker."

Hiryuu looked at her with a solemn expression, offering the girl a gentle smile. "I'm not dead yet," he joked with a hollow chuckle.