Episode 06 | in editing

Episode 06
"Strawberry Blonde"

>>>

< Hak >

Hak opened his eyes, wincing a bit at the now bandaged sword wound on his chest.

He looked around, scanning the room for any source of life, and searching for the red-haired princess.

"Yona-hime?" He asked, looking for an answer while pushing his body weight up with his hand to allow him to stand up.

"Yona--" Hak's eyes froze when he saw the dull, long silver hair that belonged to only one person he could think of. "Sae-Rin? Oi, Sae-Rin."

"Hey, stop that!" A foreign voice commanded. The owner of the voice then walked into the shack-like house with a weaved bucket filled with plants and food.

Hak glanced suspiciously at the boy, a few years younger than him, and asked, "Who are you? Where is the princess? What happened to her?"

"Gah! You ask too many questions. I'm just a beautiful passerby that you can forget, and that red-haired girl is somewhere outside talking with Ik-Su. As for this girl...." The stranger scratched the top of his head, pondering for a moment.

"It seems like she guarded both of you when you guys fell down the mountain," which surprised Hak, "She has lost a lot of blood from minor sword wounds, some of her ribs were cracked, and one cut was infected by the dirt on the floor. I've barely managed to keep her alive."

The ex-General gulped as he looked at his new companion's bandaged arms, head, and chest as well as her pale skin and exhausted figure.

"Ahh, this is difficult..." Hak said scratching the top of his head. "I'll be out for a moment."

"Fine do whatever you want." The strawberry-blonde teen said, waving his hand in dismissal before continuing to treat the silver-haired woman.

[]~[]~[]

Hak wandered outside in search for the princess when he finally stumbled across her. She was crying, he realized, and letting out tiny whines that she tried to hold in.

"Yona-hime? What's wrong?" The 19-year-old asked, pulling the frail princess's body closer to his own.

"Did you hear what Yoon said?" She began, trying to form words without ruining them with her crying, "he said that Sae-Rin-san took the most damage out of all of us because she protected us. We barely know her but she protected us with her life."

Hak looked down, sorting through the thoughts in his mind while trying to form a comforting sentence in his brain.

"I hate it, Hak." The princess said, breaking the silence. "I hate it when people get hurt because of me. I feel so helpless that it's pitiful.."

"Mm." Was the only thing Hak could say before her escorted the princess back to the tiny hut.

[]~~[]

[Saya's POV]

My body hurts.. my head hurts... is this what death feels like? Am I going to die? Are those two alive?