Episode 21

Episode 21
'Goddess Turned Pirate'

>>>

"I didn't want to be found," Saya said in an exaggerating tone, mocking the ryokuryuu. "Sheesh!" The girl was aggravated to say the least, maybe even borderline pissed. "You're so dramatic, you know that? My companions have been tracking you down for who knows how long and it took me two days just to have this conversation with you. We just want to talk you know."

The dragon man just stood there and stared, not entirely sure what to say to... whatever just happened. He wasn't exactly used to women scolding him like that instead of flirting with him and warming his bed at night. Oh how he'd love for this firecracker to join him. "No. Not the time," he thought as he remembered what she was here to do.

"Sorry, princess, I'm just not into the committed life y'see." Saya cocked a brow at him. "And why's that?" she asked.

The (physically appearing) young woman didn't miss the dark flash of anger and sorrow that appeared in the ryokuryuu's eyes before it disappeared a moment later. "I just don't find a life tied down to a man I've never met and using my power for his own greed particularly appealing," he shrugged, choosing to inspect his nails on his right hand instead of making eye contact.

Saya's heart softened at this. She could tell something had happened in the past, just like something had happened to Shin-ah, and it made her grimace. "Another regret," she thought. "That I wasn't there to save him."

"I think you'd be surprised by them, ryokuryuu," she cooed pleasantly. "Even I didn't expect it."

"Jae-ha," he said.

"What?"

Jae-ha threw her a wink. "My name is Jae-ha. I'd rather you call me that with that cute voice of yours."

A hint of red blush made its way to the tip of Saya's ears, a bit flustered by the way he called her voice cute, a small pout on her face.

Jae-ha's mind was in turmoil. How could he resist this little lady, blushing with embarrassment from his little comment and pouting cutely? And the way she spoke of his supposed 'master'. He saw how her eyes softened as she talked of him, the cheerful way her voice sounded as she talked. Was the guy really as bad as he thought?

"You're really a goddess?" He inquired even though he could still feel the slight rushing of his blood through his left leg that confirmed it. The girl nodded her head.

Jae-ha let out a nervous chuckle. "Haah, I didn't think that was possible," he said before returning to his flirtatious self. "Though I suppose it's believable considering your ethereal beauty." The ryokuryuu reached forward to grab strands of soft silver locks, bringing it to his face to leave a kiss on the hair.

Saya drew back in surprise, swatting Jae-ha's hands away from her. "What the-- stop that you, you pirate!"

Pirate. Oh yes, Jae-ha remembered what he was going to say before he was interrupted by the boiling sensation of his blood in his left leg that caused him to dip from the pleasure house.

"That reminds me, Sae-rin," he said, his tone turning serious. This caused Saya to switch into a serious state of mind as well. "About the thing I was going to tell you and that other guy the other day, I was wondering if you'd join me."

"Join you?"

Jae-ha nodded. "The pirates. As you might know, the Port of Awa is run by a lord going by the name of Yang Kum-ji. I am part of a band of pirates that fight against him and there's a big chance that our next battle will be our biggest fight yet. I hate to admit it, but we could use the extra firepower," he said.

Saya considered his words. "If we agree to help... will you join me and my master after?" she asked calmly, observing him carefully.

"Now, now, I don't know if I can promise you that, RinRin~" the man cooed.

"RinRin?" She raised a brow, wondering where she had heard that before. A surprisingly warm grin made its way to her face causing Jae-ha to blink. "Oh Shu-Ten," she murmured softly to herself.

"I'll think about it Jae-ha. And I'll make sure to tell Hak and my other companions," she replied, sending him a wink before waving goodbye and disappearing through the bushes.

The green dragon stood there silently, staring at the spot where the supposed goddess had disappeared. He sighed, rubbing the back of his head with a smile. "What a troublesome turn of events."

He glanced around him at the, still, unconscious Awa officers and began lugging them down the cliff towards the pirate ship docked near the ledge.

>>>

hello~
im on vacation in orlando, florida for spring break and disney world and universal have been soooo much fun.
i went swimming a few hours ago and while waiting for my hair to finish drying after my shower i decided to write another chapter! albeit a really short one, sorry ;;
please continue to support this story and thank all the sports animes (knb, haikyuu!!, etc.) for making me read oneshots and giving me the motivation to come back to wattpad. i really hope to finish this book :))

love,
rinniesan