Episode 14

E p i s o d e 14
An Uninvited Detour

Yona waved goodbye to the grimacing Blue Dragon villagers as the large group of 6 departed from the secluded mountain areas.

[]~[]~[]

Shining rays of moonlight cascaded from the large, glowing sphere in the sky and created a small glimmer in the eyes of a certain goddess who was staring intently at it's beauty.

"How pretty.." she muttered, eyes drooping with weariness. Everyone was asleep already, all tuckered out over the 'Yona' business.

With great reluctance, Saya wandered through the thick forest of trees for one last scout of the area. Sensing nothing her legs collapsed with fatigue, the multiple, sleepless nights finally taking a toll on her body.

The goddess shut her eyes, inhaling the richness of the forest as the moonlight that leaked through the tree leaves shimmered over her body.

A sudden rustle awakened her fox hearing. Too tired to mind it, Saya fell asleep, shrugging her worries away.

[]~[]~[]

Hak woke up earlier than everyone else, the pink blush of dawn blinding him for a moment before his sight became accustomed to it.

Looking around, the ex-general checked off the names of everyone in the group that he saw until he froze as he could not see a certain silver-haired immortal.

"Fox Girl?" He called, hoping his rude nickname would lure the girl back to the camp, but no luck.

The spear-wielding 19-year-old got up, dusting off his blue, Wind Tribe robes and looking around the area for any clues on wear Saya had gone.

Following a set of small footprints, Hak was led to a large tree. The side of the trunk seemed to be recently flattened, most likely by a body laying down, and concluded the goddess had slept here.

"But where could she have gone?"

[]~[]~[]

"Eh?" An anonymous male voice said, confused.

"Yep! This is the girl that was kidnapped by Son Hak of the Wind Tribe and Princess Yona." Replied another low voice, responding to the first man.

Groggily, Saya opened her eyes, instantly raising her hand to shield her face from the blinding sunlight. She gazed confusedly at the soldiers who surrounded her, her mind too foggy to contemplate anything mentally.

"Miss Sae-Rin? Royal Guard of King Su-Won?" The man who had first talked said, leaning his face a bit closer.

Su-Won...? King Su-Won.... she thought, trying to recall the familiar name. Like a swift strike of lightning, memories from the back of her mind repositioned themselves in the front, allowing her to remember.

"King Su-Won?" She asked quietly, narrowing her eyes at the soldier. "Y-yes ma'm!" The mid-twenty's man replied, straightening up, "we are going to take you to him, immediately. It's a miracle that you escaped safely from the clutches of Son Hak and managed to survive this whole time!" He commented, eyes shining with pure admiration.