Episode 22

Episode 22
'What Can I Do?'

CRASH!

The sounds of plates breaking on the ground echoed through the air outside of a worn out shop. The paper-lined wood frame doors were torn in places and angry male voices could be heard through the holes.

Awa guards were shouting inside while villagers whimpered and cried. Saya coolly looked over to Yona, leashing her own emotions to see how the princess would react.

Thump.

Yona's eyes were molten fury. The sight sent a shiver down Saya's spine as a her heart skipped a beat. "I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that look," she thought to herself.

"Princess Yona, you can't go in there. I'll go instead," said Kija as he stopped Yona from approaching the shop with his arm, beginning to step towards the store himself.

The hakuryuu was stopped, however, as Hak said, "Now, now, White Snake, you stand out too much. I will go instead."

He was stopped by Yoon. "None of you can go! Jeez, you all stand out like sore thumbs. I heard rumors going around that one of Yang Kum-ji's ships were sunken by pirates so the officers are more irritated than usual. Unfortunately, we can't do anything without risking compromising ourselves."

"B-but, we can't just sit around and do nothing!" Yona retorted, completely frustrated with the situation.

Saya placed her hand delicately on the princess's shoulder. Yona flinched at the contact but relaxed under the goddess's touch, leaning closer into Saya's chest for comfort. "I know, princess. Truly, I know how you feel but that isn't our mission right now. Right now, you need to focus on finding the ryokuryuu."

"I... I know. You're right. Thank you Saya." The goddess just sent her an acknowledging nod before following after Hak and Yoon who began walking away from the scene.

>>>

"Hold up, I'm going to go off on my own for a bit. Yoon, watch over the princess while I'm gone." Hak said abruptly before speeding off in another direction.

"What was that about?" Yoon asked rhetorically, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

Saya glanced at one of the public message boards in the middle of the town square. On it was a Wanted poster telling the villagers about a dangerous man wanted for injuring Awa officers. However, the thing that caught her eye the most was the horribly drawn pictures of Hak and Jae-ha.

"Pfft-," Saya snickered, trying her best to suppress her laugh as tears began forming at her waterline. Too funny, it was way too funny.

"Haha, don't worry Yona, Kija, Yoon, I'll go after him and drag his sorry butt back," she said before jogging in the direction the ex-general had disappeared in to try and catch up to him.

>>>

"I desire you~"

"..."

"B-BAHAHA! That's great Hak! At least someone is interested in you!" Saya boomed as she emerged from the alleyway she was walking through. In front of her, Hak was conversing with Jae-ha but the latter was sounding very wrongly suggestive.