Chapter Six

Tori's fuzzy hair pops up from behind the clothing rack in front of me

Tori's fuzzy hair pops up from behind the clothing rack in front of me. A smile consumes her tanned face as she sticks her arm in the air. The coat hanger dangles from her fingertips as she shows off the floral printed shirt crop top she's just found.

    "How about this beaut?" She offers with a grin.

My head tilts to the side as I look over the cropped shirt. I try to imagine myself wearing it and how it might look on me. As the image comes to mind, I screw my face up and shake my head. I don't think cropped shirts are suitable for me. I'd prefer something that covers more skin.

"I think it would look better on you," I say.

Not insisting that she should dress this way, but she's been working out so her figure would rock a crop top. Me on the other hand, I have a belly baby fat I haven't been able to shift.

"That's what you've said about the whole shop," she explains.

"Because it's true!" I pout. "Nothing looks good one me."

I can't fathom how shopping can be this exciting for people. I walk into the shopping center with so many fantasies and unrealistic expectations of how it's going to go. Generally, a majority is about clothes fitting my super sexy body. I get to the store, I hate everything, I consider exercising for five minutes, and then I return to hating myself and wanting to leave. My day and mood is then ruined because the world obviously hates me.

"Why are we shopping then? And when are you going to tell me about this mystery man?" whines Tori. "It's been two days of agony waiting!"

"I'm sorry, it's just, weird?" I laugh.

"Who knew we'd actually be friends?" Tori agrees. "Now we're sort of in the same club? Blake's exes."

"Do I get swag for joining the club?"

"Matching shirts can be arranged," says Tori.

"Will they be in green too?" I chuckle. "And if they are, I'm not giving the shirt back if I leave the club."

"Damn his green eyes!" grumbles Tori. "They're such a nice colour, and you can keep the shirt."

Yes, damn you, Blake, why do you have these beautiful green eyes that magically look into my soul?

"What about Jude?" I ask.

"Well." Tori tilts her head to the side and laughs. She doesn't expand on her thoughts, instead, continues to look through the clothing racks. When we can't find anything, I grab Tori's hand and drag her from the shop. I think this is enough torture for one person to go through.

"So," she prompts. "What's the outfit for, a date?"

"Axel and I are going to a concert together, and we're just going as friends," I explain. "I want something nice to wear, but I can't find anything." Since the band appears to be on the alternative rock side, I want to find something that suits the scene. So far, all I've managed to find is girly floral print dresses and crop tops. I don't think that's going to cut it.