Chapter Thirty-Four

Blake sharply turns the corner and drives up the side of someone's garden

Blake sharply turns the corner and drives up the side of someone's garden. I look in the rearview mirror to see one of their plants squashed from the weight of the tyre. He continues driving down the street until we find a small section on the street to park.

"Do you think your parents will notice if we're late?" I ask, nervously fiddling with the soft material of my navy blue dress.

"Pft, of course they won't." Blake looks away which only makes me more nervous.

"Great." I huff. "How could you forget about something this big? It's your parents anniversary!"

"Look, I'm sorry. I was preoccupied with things," Blake apologises.

"I'm surprised your mother hasn't killed you for being late," I say.

"We'll pin the blame on London because she can't stay mad at her." He cheekily laughs.

"You can't blame your mistakes on a baby." I frown.

"She did poo all over herself and make us even more late. Besides, I'll make it up to her in the future, I'm sure of it." Blake shrugs.

"If you say so." I roll my eyes.

Blake and I quickly get out of the car and work on grabbing our things. He unstraps London while I quickly fix my dress in the side mirror before grabbing my black clutch bag.

I was in the middle of bathing London when Blake told me the news. Of course, that meant I had no chance of trying to find an outfit, which left me with my funeral dress, or this navy blue wrap dress I'd bought for my graduation dinner.

When Blake and I graduated from school, our mothers insisted on going out for dinner to celebrate. Blake had a party in mind, the kind with too much booze and a little black dress, but they had other things in mind. He dressed in a suit and I bought this blue dress. I thought my mother was crazy for buying me this expensive dress, but it's come in handy for tonight.

Blake locks the car and I put the keys into the baby bag. We walk down the side of the house and into the backyard. We're immediately met with bright twinkly lights in the back garden. There's a two person band playing soft music for the portable dance floor set up along with the numerous tables dotted around the place.

Angela and Thomas are standing off to the side greeting people as they enter, which makes saying hello easier.

"You made it!" Is the first thing Angela says. "I thought I'd have to send your brother looking for you."

"London had an accident and it took longer to clean up," Blake admits.

"Well then, I'm glad you could make it." She grins.

"So are we." He tightly smiles.

Blake and I hug the pair of them before she snaffles London from Blake's arms. He's happy enough to leave Angela with the responsibility as we walk inside the main house. Since Blake and I have moved out of the side house, they're using it as a catering point for tonight's dinner.